PDA

View Full Version : MK3 Headlight adjustment.

Golf Houso
28-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Just a quick question, the headlights on my mk3 are pitching awfully low. I'm assuming this is a problem with the levelers? How do you fix and or adjust the headlights.

cheers, Branko.

rayray086
28-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Interested too. I'm sure it's got something to do with those white plugs on the headlight housing.

Jon_Vr6
28-06-2008, 09:11 PM
if theyre low, its most likely a broken adjuster. They're prone to breaking on mk3's

Golf Houso
28-06-2008, 09:59 PM
if theyre low, its most likely a broken adjuster. They're prone to breaking on mk3's

And how does one go about fixing a broken adjuster ... :)?

Mrk_Mickey
29-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Umm don't you just turn and turn and turn the white levellers to the height you want? I always thought that was the way to do it...:confused:

Golf Houso
29-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Umm don't you just turn and turn and turn the white levellers to the height you want? I always thought that was the way to do it...:confused:

I'm not sure yet whether they are just pitched down or the levelers are broken yet, I'll check tommorow. has anyone replaced or repaired headlight levelers before the 3's before?...

MattyT
29-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I've just had to put my stock vr6 headlights back on and the alignment is totally shot. No amount of adjustment of the white knobs at the back helped :frown:

Lorenz
29-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah same as mine, very badly alligned and cant adjust them to stop pointing at the ground on the left.

I guess you would have to pull them apart to fix the adjustment tabs and fix the housing back into place. Nothing a bit of areldite cant fix :D

Golf Houso
29-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Hmnnn and I thought I was the only one. I'll have a look at them tommorow and may I ask whats areldite?

Lorenz
29-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Hmnnn and I thought I was the only one. I'll have a look at them tommorow and may I ask whats areldite?

Its a 2 part glue/cement. Mix one tube with the other and they react together to create a very strong bonding glue. Awsome stuff and bloody tuff :D

Golf Houso
29-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Its a 2 part glue/cement. Mix one tube with the other and they react together to create a very strong bonding glue. Awsome stuff and bloody tuff :D

Hmnnn intriguing, I shall have to investigate further. Oh and I finally found VR6 tails for less than $100 posted for a pair online :biggrin: I knew I could crack it! :nana:

Ahem... now back to topic...

VW VR6
30-06-2008, 02:43 AM
Just put two bricks under front tyres. (Joke)

Mrk_Mickey
30-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Or, put washers in any of the four mounting places when screwing in the headlights to change the angle of the whole thing....

Golf Houso
30-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Just put two bricks under front tyres. (Joke)

Hahaha, I have stands that can do that.
Looks like the left light leveler has had it :frown: the right is works and is placed high enough although there is no control with the left. I'll have to take a look at it tommorow and hopefully do the joey' mod to the headlights.