PDA

View Full Version : T5 Variants Looms

gantoni_t5
24-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to start a thread on the wiring of the T5's. See if we could get some brains together to sort out a few things.

My main question is, are all the wiring looms for the T5's the same whether the accesories are fitted or not. I got told by a friend that all the wiring is there from factory across all t5 models. So for example if you had a standard t5 van and you wanted to install the vw sat nav from a multivan/caravelle you could just plug it in or if you wanted to install fog lights from a multivan/caravelle you just install the lights and get the correct headlight switch. In a nutshell he said that the wiring is there even if it is not being used. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

shogun2
24-06-2008, 05:20 PM
You may want to explore:
https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

gregozedobe
24-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Or even if the wiring is there it might not work correctly eg if you put the Multivan twin reflector headlights in a std van the connector plugs straight in to the new headlight unit, but you only get the inner globes lighting up on high beam, not both inner and outer (low beam) globes as you do on a Multivan.

95vr6
26-06-2008, 08:24 PM
no wiring for fog lights in front bar.Need to pick up supply from head light switch. I have installed Narva 80mm fog lights, work very well.