PDA

View Full Version : Central coast diesel $1.00 a litre.

neil
24-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I bet the title got your attention.

Title is true but there is a bit of work to do to get it ,and I would definitely not recommend you put it in a new VW.
Have been collecting WVO (waste vege oil) from the local fish and chip guy (free) and after
settling and filtering through a 1 micron filter I have blended it with diesel.
Bought 40 litres of diesel and added my WVO all up I have a 75 litre tank in my 1991
Holden rodeo 2.5 non turbo. So basically I paid $75.00 to fill my tank which equates to $1.00 a litre.
So not quite a 50/50 blend but will try that during the warmer months.
No change in performance/starting/economy.
Only thing I added to the motor was an old racor filter that has a heating element which will heat the fuel before the injector.
Have done the frypan test for any water and nothing showing, the oil the chippy uses is cotton seed and is changed every three days.

So have posted this on the Vw site as it might interest the other members with the older diesels with indirect injection. Better still they could do a full conversion and run them on SVO (straight Vege oil).
will keep you informed with the test results.
neil.

gregozedobe
24-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I was talking to a mate who is a chef on the weekend, he said that people are getting such a big demand for their used frying oil that they are no longer giving it away for free but are starting to charge for it - don't you just love the free market system ? :) So enjoy your cheap fuel while it still is.

Some people have found it worthwhile putting in really good filters in their cars due to the tendency for bio-d to clean out their cars fuel tanks, pumps and lines and loosen up a lot of crap that has built up over the years.

Preen59
24-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Good for you mate. Nice work. I kinda wish i had a mk1 diesel now so i could do the same. Heh, they'll run on Kero, heating oil, aviation fuel.. Pretty much anything that burns slowly!