PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Fuel (BP Ultimate Diesel)

RWK
17-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi,

Just wanna know which service station you guys normally go to when filling up your diesel vehicle?

I just did a lil bit research on diesel. In WA, BP is the only brand serving the what they called "Ultimate Diesel" and only available at 40 BP stations in Perth. They reckon it gives you more power, more km's, lower emissions, better acceleration and clean your engine better. I have no idea if this is true and hopefully some of you have come across with something and willing to share with us. Thanks!!

nb: I am about to buy my first tank after travelling 950km (MFD showing 110km left) since I picked up the car last Monday. :)

guthrie
17-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I have been using it in my 103kW Passat for the last 4 months or so (at least 5000km).

Cant say I have noticed any extra power, better economy or lower smoking under load.... I have noticed that Ultimate diesel is generally 5c more per litre than the other stations near me. If I didnt have my car under a novated lease I would probably switch back to who ever is cheapest.

Lams
17-06-2008, 09:30 PM
we rely on your Western Australians - apprantly it is only available in Perth right now!

DMS_Dan
17-06-2008, 11:33 PM
I havnt heard of this. I generally use anything. At the end of the day it all works :D Its less refined then petrol anyway. I usually try and go somewhere that has a hi-flow cause im impatient

geoff_gti
18-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Pretty sure it still only available in WA too. Can't help you directly, but have a look here (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=9194); might be useful...

gareth_oau
18-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I have been using it in my 103kW Passat for the last 4 months or so (at least 5000km).

Cant say I have noticed any extra power, better economy or lower smoking under load.... I have noticed that Ultimate diesel is generally 5c more per litre than the other stations near me. If I didnt have my car under a novated lease I would probably switch back to who ever is cheapest.

haha, when BP ultimate 98 was first introduced, it was 5c/L more expensive. Once everyone became familiar with it, the margin seemed to magically jump to 10c/L

docjames
18-06-2008, 12:30 PM
It's currently only in WA - i believe the plan is to roll it out on the east cost once refinery capacity in Brisbane is available.

tezza
18-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey guys also been told by my diesel mechanic that if you use the BP one, as it is only 10ppm you should use an additive to lubricate, as that is what apparently the sulphur does :duh:

Tezza

gareth_oau
18-06-2008, 02:02 PM
It's currently only in WA - i believe the plan is to roll it out on the east cost once refinery capacity in Brisbane is available.

My god, WA actually leading the way on something????????????

guthrie
18-06-2008, 02:37 PM

Ha ha... usually we are W(ait) A(wile):)

RWK
18-06-2008, 02:59 PM
All friggin diesels were sold out yesterday around my area and I had like 50km left according to the MFD. Luckily I ended up finding a Shell station which still has some left.....Otherwise I gott fill it up with Veg Oil...lol :P

geoff_gti
18-06-2008, 03:10 PM
haha, when BP ultimate 98 was first introduced, it was 5c/L more expensive. Once everyone became familiar with it, the margin seemed to magically jump to 10c/L

it's usually more than that these days! at least some BPs will take a 4c discount voucher. it was still $90 last time i filled up though :eek:

$95 tonight for 56L & that was after the discount!! Ultimate was marked 14c higher than R-ULP

/sorry end diesels hijack :)

rodrocco
19-06-2008, 02:02 AM

....And the economy too gareth ... where have u been? ... WA is short for Way Ahead.

OvaltoJetta
19-06-2008, 02:12 AM
I ran on a few tanks of BP but noticed no difference except the price - still getting 800+ a tank around town. Sometimes filled up at Gateways, but now use an independant 2 klm away and pay up to 15c / litre less .... thanks to Fuelwatch.

gareth_oau
19-06-2008, 02:22 AM
....And the economy too gareth ... where have u been? ... WA is short for Way Ahead.

LOL rod, thats the Chinese leading the WA economy, weve just been dragged along in ignorant bliss :biggrin: