PDA

View Full Version : Factory Accessories?

brad
16-06-2008, 07:42 PM
What accessories are available for the Octavia?

I asked the sales guy about some mud spats/flaps & he reckons they don't need them & therefore aren't available.

I'm not interested in headlight protectors or weathershields.

What else can I ask for in the deal (rather than cash incentives).

For the Elegance I was going to ask for the underbonnet insulation.

I'm also thinking front & rear fitted mats (rears because I have 2 kids that are messy buggers).

Is the Bluetooth any good?

Any other suggestions.

mrx
16-06-2008, 08:08 PM
There really isn't a lot. Go the pen or cup!

I wanted to buy a cargo barrier, like they get in the UK. Apparently due to ADR's they wont be coming to aus, because to meet ADR's the tailgate must be able to be opened from inside (it can't be), or the barrier must have a hinged hatch in it (it doesn't). :duh:

gregozedobe
16-06-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw something in my owner's manual describing how to to open the hatch or tailgate on an Octy from inside the boot (you do have to remove a cover or something).

Other factory accessories are rubber mats (fit well) and a rubber boot floor (not such a good fit in my wagon). I haven't heard of anyone making dashmats yet.

mrx
17-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw something in my owner's manual describing how to to open the hatch or tailgate on an Octy from inside the boot (you do have to remove a cover or something).

Other factory accessories are rubber mats (fit well) and a rubber boot floor (not such a good fit in my wagon). I haven't heard of anyone making dashmats yet.

Interesting, I'll have to take a closer look. I asked the accessories guy at Skoda Australia if they would get one in for me from the UK. The answer was no, and that was the reasoning he gave.

The boot mat is a good idea if you get it chucked in, otherwise the cut to size ones at Supercheap for $30 do a good job (and are big enough for the wagon). ;-)

DanSA
17-06-2008, 06:48 PM
We got the boot mat (hoseable) and rubber floor mats chucked in - worth every cent if you have kids/dogs or get out a bit. Just unclick em, hose em off, drip dry and back in - work well. :driver:

Had them in the Golf b4 and just as good. Don't think id ever go carpet again.

brad
18-06-2008, 09:56 AM
We got the boot mat (hoseable) and rubber floor mats chucked in - worth every cent if you have kids/dogs or get out a bit. Just unclick em, hose em off, drip dry and back in - work well. :driver:

Had them in the Golf b4 and just as good. Don't think id ever go carpet again.

How does the rubber go with wearing the back of leather shoes?

baron
18-06-2008, 11:31 AM
There really isn't a lot. Go the pen or cup!

I wanted to buy a cargo barrier, like they get in the UK. Apparently due to ADR's they wont be coming to aus, because to meet ADR's the tailgate must be able to be opened from inside (it can't be), or the barrier must have a hinged hatch in it (it doesn't). :duh:

Gday.
If its not a 7 seater you can fit a cargo barrier. Cheers.

gregozedobe
18-06-2008, 10:26 PM
How does the rubber go with wearing the back of leather shoes?

Can't help you with that one (don't wear them any more), but it is good with muddy boots :)