PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Car

R36 Dreamer
12-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Howdy,

I am taking delivery of a new car on Sunday, and after my last car seemed to swirl etc quickly, am hoping to launch a preemptive strike on the new one to avoid issues.

I am sweet on the inside, can protect it properly.

However what should I apply to the exterior - I didnt opt for the paint protection or anything, and just want to protect the exterior (wax??) with the best possible products to avoid issues later on.

I am not adverse to hard work if it yields good results.

Look forward to any advice which can be imparted.

Dreamer

RhysQ
12-06-2008, 06:22 PM
it is terribly hard to completely stop a car 'swirling'. even i it does, a good coat of Meguiars polish and a good buff gets it all out.

DMS_Dan
12-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey mate,

To prevent swirling you need to wash it correctly. There is a plethora of information on this at www.finalinspection.com.au/forums Join they are very friendy. You will get all the answers you are looking for.

As for protection how often will you be washing and how much are you willing to spend all up? To set yourself up with basic gear to wash and wax with minimum swirls your looking at about $150. This includes microfiber mitts, cloths and drying towel, wax, buckets and wash product. This is the most basic kit you would need