PDA

View Full Version : Park Brake - 07 Passat

TDIMAN
09-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Has anyone had any issues with the electric park brake on the current Passat?

Mine has failed a number of times (stuck on, or stuck off) and displays 'Fault - park brake - refer owners manual'. The manual tells you to take it to an authorized Volkswagen service center. I have done this, but all they did was reset the computer to get it working again....they hadn't seen this problem before.

I'm going to take the car to another dealer to see if they can rectify it, but any insight from anyone who has had this problem would be a help. Cheers.

black1
10-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I have had the same problem.

My dealer orginally said there was nothing wrong, but I pushed the point and said crap.

It should not lock on or off.

Take it to your dealer and ask them to contact VW.
A certain batch came through that had faulty switches.

They need to order a new switch and replace the old one.

Hope this helps

Lams
10-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Ours has had the switch replaced as well. I don't really see the point of this silly feature

TDIMAN
11-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks for your input.

Volkswagen put a new switch in it so we will see how it goes (so far so good). Mine was the 4th Passat they had done. They couldn't infom me if the new switch was differernt to the old one, but said that noone with the new switch has been back.

Tony6
25-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes I've had several failures. The first time the dealer said the switch was faulty and replaced it.failed again after 12 months. Back to the dealer McGrath Liverpool.again said the switch had failed also poor earth point under centre console. Returned home failed again, Guess what the switch had not been replaced as my ID marks on the switch were still there.The invoice stated SWITCH REPLACED!!!

gregozedobe
25-02-2009, 06:17 PM
That's a bit dodgy, as presumably VWA would be paying for it to be replaced under warranty, plus they still haven't fixed your problem. Maybe it is time for you to go to a different dealer ?