PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from another Touareg Melb Owner

laminge
09-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Howdy all

Been searching for a decent forum since purchasing / researching the Touareg and have settled on this great site.

Have come from a family of fords and traded in my worn and sorry Territory for a TDI last week, what can I say great vehicle - completely different class to the ford.

Would love to know if there is a Melbourne club, meeting cruise group

Also after some failed attempts at looking at what is available with regards to chips and exhausts, can anyone recommend some places in Melbourne or Australia at least?

The Touareg makes it into a stable of a 1960 dodge phoenix, 65 thunderbird and another 66 dodge phoenix

Mischa
09-06-2008, 12:57 PM
hi there welcome to the forum. for cruises at meets http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=21

with chips i'm not sure whats specifically available for the treg but companies like oettinger, apr, giac, superchips, bluefin etc are the big ones. then theres some other smaller companies. however dont buy a tuning box!! go for a chip reflash. far better for your vehicle. and dont think that the dealer wont know you've had a tuning box if you unplug it, the computers in the car make comprehensive logs of all the sensors in the car if a fault is thrown.

what treg did you get anyway? the r5 or the v6? or even the v10 or r50 :D

laminge
09-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Howdy, thanks for that.

The v6, sunroof, air suspension, stereo upgrade, sat nav, tow bar.

Apparently VW are still some 4 weeks from delivery of the new blue tooth phone integration system though :(