PDA

View Full Version : Floor mats

drbass
07-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Due to non-existing negotiation skills :rolleyes: I did not manage to get a set of floor mats when purchasing the tractor earlier this year.

Not really keen on shelling out huge bucks for the VW ones but it seems that all the floor mats I've seen so far (Autobarn, Kmart, Repco) don't cater for the fact that the accelerator in the Passat is floor-mounted.

Any ideas where to find reasonably priced mats that actually fit?

Seeya,
Michael

mr_walker
07-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I thought carpet mats were standard accessories (they are in the Jetta). I'd take it up with your dealer first, with the Passat specs brochure in hand.

Update - just checked the brochure, looks like you're probably out of luck on that front. It's listed as a "Package" accessory for the Passat. You'd think if they made them standard in the Jetta, they'd definitely do it for the Passat? Weird.

TDIMAN
09-06-2008, 04:16 PM
The floor mats were standard in the Passat if you got the leather package. This was the case when I got my car 18 months ago.

I would definitely put the genuine mats in the car as they fit much better.

drbass
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi all,

Sorry, didn't order the leather, and they definitely weren't included in the standard equipment.

I know what you mean, TDIMAN, and I agree - they do look nice. BUT they're expensive: IIRC we're looking at between $A150 - 200 just for the front.

Oh well, if there's no other suggestions I might have to bite the bullet.

Seeya,
Michael

Passat78
11-06-2008, 01:46 PM
It's pretty ridiculous that they aren't standard I reckon. Once the dealer and I had settled on a price, I mentioned that I assumed that the price included the floor mats - she umm'ed and ahh'ed a bit but eventually agreed.

I think you're probably better off wearing the cost - I imagine it will be quite struggle to find Non-VW mats that fit properly.

Cheers
Jamie