PDA

View Full Version : MY09 Production

silvershadow
04-06-2008, 01:43 PM
I would appreciate advice on how to independently check production dates especially the change-over from MY08 to MY09 specification for Australian compliance vehicles.

This information is available for UK spec RHD vehicles [production week 22 w/c 26th May] but I have not been able to find the equivalent information for Australia.

My partner wishes to confirm an order for a vehicle that will be allocated from an existing order however it must be the MY09 spec to provide the DSG "hill-hold" capability.

Thank you
SS

STV4SYT
04-06-2008, 03:04 PM
it must be the MY09 spec to provide the DSG "hill-hold" capability.

SS

Mine has a handbrake. plus it will hold on hills to a certain extent, but it takes a while to earn some trust.

SmutsGTI
04-06-2008, 04:16 PM
But not a steep downhill i'm guessing, the new accord V6 i drove had this feature its really cool but not necessary for me. Even my old calais would not roll backwards on a steep hill.

OPVW
04-06-2008, 07:10 PM
FYI - MY09 Eos' production.

Anything ordered now will be built to 09 specifications.

Hill hold available with DSG
New option - Optical Parking System available - Auto parallel parking

New upgrade to model - sport(?) mirror design

Make sure if you ask your consultant about the change to the colour selection available.

Cheers,

Iain

slitko
05-06-2008, 02:03 AM

What is that? The new Auto Park thing that Tiguan and the CC has?

silvershadow
05-06-2008, 10:23 AM
FYI - MY09 Eos' production.

Anything ordered now will be built to 09 specifications.

Hill hold available with DSG

New upgrade to model - sport(?) mirror design

Make sure if you ask your consultant about the change to the colour selection available.

Cheers,

Iain

Hi Iain,

Thanks for information - my partner has been offered a dealer stock order scheduled for week 21 production to reduce the waiting time hence my concern. Will ask dealer to check on this vehicle otherwise will insist on new order being placed.

In response to Steve TDI and smutsgti, my partner has been driving automatics for the past 20 years and despite spending some time in a manual Eos, she was concerned about hill starts in traffic with the manual so opted for the DSG [for selfish reasons I wanted her to buy the manual as this is my preference]. She had no problem with left foot braking to hold the "old" DSG system in the demonstrator just a fear about getting caught in traffic with the manual.

SS

briseos
14-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I have 2007 Eos 2.0TDi with DSG and the diesel does more than just hill hold, it will drop the clutch on even a very steep hill at idle and chug up the hill if you want it to. there is always a slight (approx 2 inches) roll back as the clutch drops but it never fails. I have not got experience with the petrol version though - the diesel torque may make a difference. My Punto diesel has an automatic hill hold brake that gives you about 2 seconds actual brake hold (manual) but I must say the DSG version works better and instills more confidence in some ways - you have to break through the hill hold brake on the Punto and that sometimes feels like quite a push.....

Good luck and enjoy your beautiful car - EOSi are the ants pants!!

tuan0011
17-09-2008, 04:55 PM
The VW dealer notified me that the MY09 model will consists of rear parking and full colour touchscreen (6.5") as standard equipment.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9433/eos09screennv7.jpg

"Park pilot, speed control system or radio system "RCD 510" with touch screen, 6-fold CD changer, SD card slot and MP3 playback feature - Eos "Edition 2009" will provide you with innovative technology from the house of Volkswagen. And also the front Sport seats have a lot to offer: You are heated, have electrically adjustable lumbar supports and will provide practical storage bags at the back."

tuan0011
17-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Here's one showing the integrated rear parking system.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3500/featurespar0018imageln7.jpg

silvershadow
10-10-2008, 10:08 AM
The following link is very useful and allows reading of the codes on the vehicle build plate:

http://www.bitnet.ro/vw/datasticker/