PDA

View Full Version : 1st New car - a few questions

Grant
01-06-2008, 09:10 PM
hello everyone, I've had my polo gti now for 3 months and i really want to look after it properly. so if anyone has any tips regarding the bodywork/trim it would be much appreciated. also have a few questions:

- should i condition the leather (not sure if its real leather) steering wheel, handbrake etc. if so how often and any recommended products

- i currently just vacuum the cloth seats weekly. should i use any protective product (scotchguard?) on them as well.

- should i condition the rubber window seals on the outside? I've noticed they look slightly dry/faded. if so which product?

any advice is much appreciated.
thanks
Grant.

DMS_Dan
01-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi Grant,

Find out if the leather is real. Just ask your dealer. Im not sure on the polo's tbh.
If so you can lightly condition it using Zanio Z10.

If you want to use a protective coating on your seats its your choice. Either Scotch guard or Stoners Fabrotex are good. Will help repel liquid stains and will make cleaning a bit eaiser.

Yeah you should. What do you use to wax your car currently? If nothing then you need to get on that ASAP. For ease of use i would recommend optimum car wax. Its a spray wax so you wash the car then dry it. Then you spray the wax onto the panel, wipe it over with an ultrasoft microfiber then buff it with another ultra soft microfiber. It can be used on all your plastics and rubbers. It blocks UVA and UVB so will keep them looking great for as long as you have the car. You should be waxing weekly or fortnightly if using OCW

Dan

Grant
01-06-2008, 10:10 PM
G'day Dan
I regrettably got the 'paint protection' - i know:(.. i should've read here about it. So I haven't been waxing, should I just wax the seals? Or use a rubber conditioner?
Thanks again

DMS_Dan
02-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Wax the whole car. It wont hurt the paint protection. It will improve the look though. You will need a wax like Optimum or P21S as it has no cleaners, both can be applied to trim/rubbers.

Grant
09-06-2008, 03:33 PM
thanks fellas.. what do you guys use on your dashboards? i hear armorall is bad

DMS_Dan
09-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Lexol Vinalex or 303 Aerospace protectant