PDA

View Full Version : R36 - Release Date - Confirmed :)

OPVW
28-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Ok here it is people.

I've just heard we'll have two R36's here at the dealership in around 3 weeks. According to a VERY recent meeting with Dealer Principles and Volkswagen. The R36's will be launched ahead of schedule and will commence clearance from June 1st...it takes up to 3 weeks for this to happen. I imagine the process from here will be Volkswagen telling Patricks to start preparing the cars for clearance and sent to respective dealerships. If you know your car is in the country you should be driving it before the end of June :) :) :) If it's on the way to the country and you have an arrival date, you know you'll be driving in a few weeks after it reaches aussie shores.

Let your dealers get up to speed with whatever memos are to be sent out in the next day or so and they should be in touch. If you've not heard about your car by Monday give them a call to find out what's happening.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :-)

R36 Dreamer
28-05-2008, 04:36 PM
So it looks as though some of us were given the correct information from our dealers, who must have had the inside information on release dates.

It is fantastic news, cannot wait.

My car gets unloaded @ Port Kembla tomorrow, so mid - late June is looking good.

Northy
28-05-2008, 04:55 PM
So it looks as though some of us were given the correct information from our dealers, who must have had the inside information on release dates.

It is fantastic news, cannot wait.

My car gets unloaded @ Port Kembla tomorrow, so mid - late June is looking good.

Mine is sitting right next to yours, gets off here in brisbane on friday :grin::grin:

Steve
28-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Great news :D:D

Thanks a lot for keeping us in the loop, it's greatly appreciated!

Vene
28-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Ok I tried to resist but I can't..............told ya :)

BTW if your car lands this Fri you should be driving it around mid June. Mine lands mid June with an expected delivery just before 30 June (fingers crossed).

Northy
28-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Ok I tried to resist but I can't..............told ya :)

BTW if your car lands this Fri you should be driving it around mid June. Mine lands mid June with an expected delivery just before 30 June (fingers crossed).

When I spoke to my dealer end of last week they were saying 19th June delivery, about 2.5 weeks after it hits the docks.

OPVW
28-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Guess it must just be the delay we west aussies get with EVERYTHING! you guys in the east hear and get everything first! :mad:

Vene
29-05-2008, 08:00 AM
OPVW, was hoping you could shed some light on how dealers generally approach pre-order cars ie R36. I didn't get any discount on the car, main reason being its in high demand, you have to pre order, blah blah blah.

Are you aware of any dealers which have discounted and by how much? Just curious......

OPVW
29-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Vene...I don't know. Each dealership has different rules for different situations. You'd find with most brands from most dealerships that when a new model is launched they avoid discounting it unnecessarily for several reasons.
1) Some people, including those here, pay the full price and wait for their car to arrive. Ensuring they're one of the first to have the privelage of owning one ahead of others. It wouldn't be fair on those people if other people had the same privelage at a reduced price.

2) It preserves the value of the car and the brand and of course the new model.

3) It would be under the umbrella of price fixing and breaching dealer agreements if we had an agreement or known understanding between dealerships about forward orders.

Having said that, for vehicles in our exisiting model lineup I have a certain calculation that I use that keeps us happy and generally acceptable to customers who place orders. That said..there are some cars we preserve the price of as best we can and avoid discounting if possible...GTI, R32, R36, R50, TIGUAN.. EOS (to a lesser extent now). People may frown upon this but there's a good reason these cars maintain their value over time...the price you paid a few years ago for any of these cars is the same today (base price I'm referring to). Other manufacturers play around with different model names and equipment levels and screw with the pricing as well. Ehhhh now I'm just rambling on cos I just got into work and the damn coffee machine is on the fritz! :(

Anyhow to answer your question...no I don't know if any dealer has discounted an R36 pre-order. I've got 3 on pre-order for my own customers and they all happily paid the normal price...I think I may have included an extra 6 months rego on one of them at request which I was happpy to do. Word to the wise...Ive heard from people working in the east they don't give a full tank of petrol. That's disgusting practice! We supply a full tank of fuel with every car we sell. So at the very least ensure you get a full tank and maybe ask politely for the extra 6 months rego..assuming you ordered with the usual 6...

Steve
29-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I just had a call from my dealer - delivery is expected in two to three weeks.

No news re: reversing camera yet, but we'll see.

Apparently there's about four or five that have been sold in Adelaide so far... and I'll be the first to take theirs home :)

OilBurna
29-05-2008, 11:16 AM
good luck guys have serious envy can't wait to see some pics.

Steve
29-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I'll post plenty... also a sound clip :)

OPVW
29-05-2008, 11:39 AM
I spoke to a guy last night that test drove one in Germany last week. He said the sound was incredible...like the R32 with its distinctive BARK but a LOT deeper and growlier (great word huh!?)

I can freaking wait to have these cars here!!

Vene
29-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Sounds nice. Just hope its not too noticable at low revs especially city driving.

OPVW
29-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Nah it'll be like the R32 I imagine....subtle and sedate until you put your foot down and then people turn and see what just broke the sound barrier nearby :P

Vene
29-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Sounds perfect!!!

OilBurna
29-05-2008, 02:36 PM
interesting that the CC according to this month's wheels mag is also supposed to come with the 3.6 litre 220kw engine and rumoured price for the V6 4 motion is 65k.

Deedub68
29-05-2008, 02:48 PM
I just had a call from my dealer - delivery is expected in two to three weeks.

No news re: reversing camera yet, but we'll see.

Apparently there's about four or five that have been sold in Adelaide so far... and I'll be the first to take theirs home :)

I think mine must be on the next boat: ETA is August delivery to me in Adelaide. Yeehah!

Steve
29-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Oooh yeah. Whatcha getting? Who sold it to you? :)

Deedub68
30-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Oooh yeah. Whatcha getting? Who sold it to you? :)\
Blue R36 with s/roof & satnav.

I canna wait.... I'm a little confused by the story I'm getting though: my dealer told me I was getting part of the "first consignment" (apparently ALL of the first consignment were blue) but based on the other posts...that should be arriving much earlier than August.

Deedub

Steve
31-05-2008, 11:20 AM
It might be part of the first batch that's been built but not shipped until later... August is a bit late for the first consignment though, mine hit Australia last weekend!

Do you have your VIN? If you do, you can track the car and for a while the boat it's on.

Deedub68
31-05-2008, 12:17 PM
It might be part of the first batch that's been built but not shipped until later... August is a bit late for the first consignment though, mine hit Australia last weekend!

Do you have your VIN? If you do, you can track the car and for a while the boat it's on.

I have been told that my vehicle has been loaded and is "in transit" I requested the VIN details earlier in the week and apparently the R36's in that shipment will be allocated next week, VIN's included. I have already listed the tracking website as a fav so I wioll be checking it out in short order once I have my VIN!

Deedub