PDA

View Full Version : ChippedUK ST3 the alternative to Bluefin

Logzy
27-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Check this out. (http://www.chippeduk.com/)
The ST3 device looks great.

Im waiting on feedback from someone as they have just purchased one.

You can also purchase direct with no middle man.

Jaymz
27-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Saw a thread on this on the other site.
Have they only just released PD170 mapping?

What cost? And the big one for you Logs, what this going to do to your warranty??? Or are you finally over that:D

Logzy
27-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Saw a thread on this on the other site.
Have they only just released PD170 mapping?

What cost? And the big one for you Logs, what this going to do to your warranty??? Or are you finally over that:D

Not sure how long the PD170 has been out for but im ordering.
As for warranty they have warranty like bluefin used to have before they stopped it.

Check your pm.

Roobuls
27-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Im waiting on feedback from someone as they have just purchased one.

I've ordered an ST3 and it's on it's way. Will keep this forum up to date on how it goes.

Greg Roles
28-05-2008, 08:59 AM
What are they claiming for the GT TDI powerwise? I couldn't find it on the site. Also guys, how do you counter the reflash counter? :D Basically I like the idea you can keep a tune from the stealer if you fry something unrelated and they may try and blame the chip.

Roobuls
28-05-2008, 09:24 AM
The ST3 always resets the counter to 1 and doesn't leave any DTC's (unlike other brands :rolleyes:). It also has the ability to read and clear error codes. Therefore, you can change maps as many times as you want and it will be un-traceable. All three maps will be stored on the ST3 (the original factor and two others that you choose) so you won't need to re-connect to a computer to re-download maps.

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/193097.aspx

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/189183/...2.aspx#1233172

Logzy
28-05-2008, 11:24 AM
More info, also for the 170PS.

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/192855/1273044.aspx

Im ordering tonight.:D

Greg Roles
28-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Logz, rather than pay normal price, why don't you organise a 10 buy on here. I see they are currently working on a DPF removal, so they can offer race and track tunes. By the time you organise 10 they should have that option available.

Personally I'd be waiting...unless you have suddenly become a MK4 forum member in the UK!

Logzy
28-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Logz, rather than pay normal price, why don't you organise a 10 buy on here. I see they are currently working on a DPF removal, so they can offer race and track tunes. By the time you organise 10 they should have that option available.

Personally I'd be waiting...unless you have suddenly become a MK4 forum member in the UK!

Im impatient:D and quite happy with the price they have quoted me via email.

Another few reviews (http://www.chip-n-spin.co.uk/Testimonials.html)

Logzy
28-05-2008, 05:59 PM
:D:D:D Order placed, i should have it in a few days. Woohoo.;)

lavna
09-06-2008, 06:02 PM
hve yu receivedd yur st3 yet

Roobuls
09-06-2008, 07:30 PM
I received mine and am very happy with the power improvement.

cetane
09-06-2008, 08:45 PM
When you guys get yours installed, I would be very interested to see the results quantified. Even if you don't dyno, just comparative 0-100kph or L/100km figures would be great as I'm seriously considering this for the claimed economy gain if nothing else. It would soon pay for itself with current diesel prices.

Greg Roles
10-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Yeah right.....:rolleyes:

"Hey honey, can I get a chip that'll save us a lot of money in diesel?"

not a bad idea mate!:D

orsegtsport
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah right.....:rolleyes:

"Hey honey, can I get a chip that'll save us a lot of money in diesel?"

not a bad idea mate!:D

Hey that's exactly how I sold the idea to the missus! Well that and the fact that it was a "never to be repeated special offer". :D

I have a G-tech Pro SS performance meter, so I will hook it up one day and get some performance figures. The 'seatofthepantsometer' suggests that 0-100 is about 7.5 secs (no launch control, so take off is pretty poor), and so far fuel economy appears to be around 0.3l/100lm better than stock (meaning my awesome oiler should average nearly 1000km per tank :D).

Anyway forget 0-100 times, it's the in gear acceleration where diesels are at their best, and with a torque to weight ratio similar to your average 6.0L V8, you can imagine how hard they pull once you're rolling. You can be putting along at 70, then plant your foot in 4th gear and it will pin you against the seat.

However, the best thing about the 'fast road' map is that despite being more powerful, the car is actually more civilised. The power delivery is very smooth and oh so effortless, and the 'hole' that is present below 1800 rpm is gone.

Anyway, big thumbs up to Logzy who discovered this great product.

Jaymz
11-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Seat of the pants and quoted figures on a website are all very well but is anyone game to put one of these on the dyno? It would be good to see how good the mapping really is. It would be good to see what $600 buys.

It would actually be good to see how smooth all the curves are. Get the fuel curve on there also.

Find a dyno that has 'shoot out' mode so you can compare apples with apples. Whether they're the same colour is another question though:)

orsegtsport
11-06-2008, 10:12 PM
$600 buys you immense satisfaction. :D

It would be good to see the dyno figures and curves, but at the end of the day you don't need pretty graphs to tell you how a car is performing, it's how the car feels when you drive it that matters, and it feels fantastic. :)

My guess is (having driven 'Bluefinned' cars before) is that Bluefin would probably produce more power, but also be a little more brutal in it's delivery. It's a pity there aren't any GT TDI owners in Perth with Bluefin, otherwise I would perform the ultimate comparison of acceleration- a straight line run across 400m of black top (at Motorplex, Kwinana of course ;)). Hmmm actually, it's about time they saw an oiler down at the drags .... might wait until I get a better induction system first... :cool:

Jaymz
11-06-2008, 10:58 PM
$600 buys you immense satisfaction. :D

It would be good to see the dyno figures and curves, but at the end of the day you don't need pretty graphs to tell you how a car is performing, it's how the car feels when you drive it that matters, and it feels fantastic. :)

My guess is (having driven 'Bluefinned' cars before) is that Bluefin would probably produce more power, but also be a little more brutal in it's delivery. It's a pity there aren't any GT TDI owners in Perth with Bluefin, otherwise I would perform the ultimate comparison of acceleration- a straight line run across 400m of black top (at Motorplex, Kwinana of course ;)). Hmmm actually, it's about time they saw an oiler down at the drags .... might wait until I get a better induction system first... :cool:

I beg to differ. I believe there is a lot more to it than seat of the pants and how fast it will go up the quarter.
At the end of the day its a diesel and not a race car. I do believe its a performance car in its own right and the pretty graphs will actually give you a better comparison than anyones back end sitting in a chair.
It will also give everyone else out there who hasn't purchased new maps for their car something to look over so they know their money is well spent.

orsegtsport
11-06-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm not disputing that there's valuable information to gained from dyno graphs, but nothing tells you more about a car's performance than actually driving it. If you are given the choice between buying a tuning product based on a dyno graph, or actually test driving a car fitted with the product, you would go with the latter option wouldn't you?

Dyno graphs are good for illustrating performance gains to prospective purchasers, but I reckon testimonials from several very satisfied customers are even more valuable. Where driveability is concerned, a graph can't compare to actually having a drive of the car imo. And if you want to compare the outright performance gains in terms of power and speed, then I'll take side by side acceleration tests over a dyno shootout any day of the week.

I actually went to the drags in my old XR5 to compare my dreamscience map against the bluefin map that my mate was running in his XR5. The Bluefin dyno graphs claimed to have roughly the same power and torque, but I knew from driving both that I had a performance edge. Anyway, I ran 14 flats all night, and he ran 14.3's, which confirmed what I suspected. Sure there is driver skill involved in such comparisons, but he was a very competent driver, and our 60ft times were very similar, so I'm happy that it was simply a case of my map out performing his.

cetane
12-06-2008, 07:02 AM
You guys are both correct. Car performance is all about how the thing drives and feels, however when you're recounting your experiences to someone else they need something to look at as they cannot feel it themselves.

My "honey" is going to get a request for "money". I'm convinced that I won't be disappointed, however I'll do the right thing and wait until the 3 year warranty expires. The car's too big an investment to risk teh dealer refusing to fix her should a fault occur.

What tickles me most is here we are, in a VW diesel part of the forum, talking about performance! And with 0-100kph times of 7.2sec from a diesel hatch! In the early days of this forum all of the diesel posts are about how slow the Mk1 diesel is and how to keep it from running away from you! My Mk1 diesel has a 0-100kph time of about 1 year (but I still love her :)).

Greg Roles
12-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah kiss and make up you two!:rolleyes:

I'm sitting on the fence till the DPF delete tunes for "insane torque" and "ludicrous KW" come out. I look forward to clutch issues.:D

orsegtsport
12-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah kiss and make up you two!:rolleyes:

I'm sitting on the fence till the DPF delete tunes for "insane torque" and "ludicrous KW" come out. I look forward to clutch issues.:D

No need to make up, we're all friends here, Jaymz and I were simply expressing contrasting view points on a particular subject. :)

Although, if you do remove your DPF, I'll be giving you a good telling off! j:

Jaymz
12-06-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm not disputing that there's valuable information to gained from dyno graphs, but nothing tells you more about a car's performance than actually driving it. If you are given the choice between buying a tuning product based on a dyno graph, or actually test driving a car fitted with the product, you would go with the latter option wouldn't you?
I agree, sort of. Can I say both? I would like to do some research and then drive. Only problem is with that scenario is that for the cost of a plane ticket to where you are I could've bought a ST3. So thats why i'm suggesting some collated graphs for a comparison.

Dyno graphs are good for illustrating performance gains to prospective purchasers, but I reckon testimonials from several very satisfied customers are even more valuable. Where driveability is concerned, a graph can't compare to actually having a drive of the car imo.
I agree with this...

And if you want to compare the outright performance gains in terms of power and speed, then I'll take side by side acceleration tests over a dyno shootout any day of the week.
But this, hmm. Are our cars really quarter mile weapons??? Its not what I bought mine for.
We're all big boys with our toys at the end of the day, its just that I think we have a different view point on what we want from our diesels.

Would be very happy to read your full testimonial on the tuning when you have time. Really interested in the tractability, low speed torque and how much better your economy is.

orsegtsport
12-06-2008, 08:19 PM
But this, hmm. Are our cars really quarter mile weapons??? Its not what I bought mine for.
We're all big boys with our toys at the end of the day, its just that I think we have a different view point on what we want from our diesels.

Jaymz, I think you may have misinterpreted my point about side by side acceleration testing. I'm not suggesting for a second that I bought my car as a drag racer, and I wouldn't have sold my much faster XR5 if I all I wanted was a quick car (I actually bought the GT TDI because I'm an Env. Scientist as well as a car enthusiast, and wanted the ultimate blend of performance, fuel economy and low emissions).

I just think that running two cars side by side at full throttle is a great way to compare outright performance. Driveability can be tested by a nice leisurely test drive.

I'm keen to go the drags (only once) both out of interest, (to see what the car can do with the ecu edit), and also because it's great fun giving young blokes in V6 commonbores the reality check that they so desperately need, especially in a diesel! j:

I'll load the economy map on Saturday, and report my findings. :)

Logzy
12-06-2008, 09:46 PM

Yeah, I havent got around to that either. :D
Might do it this weekend.

Jaymz
12-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Jaymz, I think you may have misinterpreted my point about side by side acceleration testing. I'm not suggesting for a second that I bought my car as a drag racer, and I wouldn't have sold my much faster XR5 if I all I wanted was a quick car (I actually bought the GT TDI because I'm an Env. Scientist as well as a car enthusiast, and wanted the ultimate blend of performance, fuel economy and low emissions).

I just think that running two cars side by side at full throttle is a great way to compare outright performance. Driveability can be tested by a nice leisurely test drive.

I'm keen to go the drags (only once) both out of interest, (to see what the car can do with the ecu edit), and also because it's great fun giving young blokes in V6 commonbores the reality check that they so desperately need, especially in a diesel! j:

All good:) Let us know what you come up with

Greg Roles
13-06-2008, 07:39 AM
But this, hmm. Are our cars really quarter mile weapons???

Not yet....

Greg Roles
13-06-2008, 07:40 AM

Me too, be good to know what it'll do stock, and what's possible from there...

In the end, for me, it's all about suprising people with a weezy 2 litre diesel.

gregozedobe
14-06-2008, 12:49 AM
In the end, for me, it's all about suprising people with a weezy 2 litre diesel.

But if you've got a DPF they won't even know it's a diesel (unless they see and realize the significance of the TDI badge).

I find it great fun j: to see the look of bewilderment on some people's face when they realize they are actually being left behind from the traffic lights by a great big white (diesel) van, after they specifically changed lanes coming up to the red light so they wouldn't get stuck behind the "slow van" in the left lane.

Much the same thing happens on steep hills on the highway too (I don't speed up, but I don't slow down one iota either).

orsegtsport
20-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Well I haven't had time to hook up the G-tech Pro SS (I'm in the middle of moving house), so I can't give any actual figures, but I can say that the economy map is definitely not as impressive as the fast road map. Not only was it notably slower than fast road (probably no quicker than stock), it did not appear to be any more economical.

The driveability is improved over stock (because the 'big hole' below 1800 rpm has been largely eradicated), but it didn't feel as smooth as fast road and definitely didn't have the same grunt. So after 5 days, I went back to the fast road map, and instantly got a very big smile on my face.

DSGMAn
20-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Lets get a Sydney cruise day together - then we can swap drivers/cars between Blufefin tunes and ST3....etc and get some actual driver views. Dyno graphs are open to many variables.

I have no problem with someone driving my 2.0 TDI Comfortline with Bluefin flash, my insurance covers it lol.:biggrin: I'd also like to drive someones GT TDI with a flash tune to compare.

Sound good?

dimsim
03-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I'll be there (if the missus lets me out!)

stark27
01-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi. Just took delivery of my Golf GT TDI DSG on Wednesday and I'm already looking to chip it haha.

I see a few of you have the same car as me. How good are these ChippedUK ST3 chips compared to Bluefin. What is the adv of ChippedUK vs Bluefin and lastly where did you buy yours from?

Greg Roles
01-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Have a chat to Logzy, the newly appointed Aus distributor. He's a bit odd, but it's worth it for the good product.:biggrin:

Roobuls
02-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Try this: http://www.lcautobits.com.au/ for info.

Logzy
02-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Have a chat to Logzy, the newly appointed Aus distributor. He's a bit odd, but it's worth it for the good product.:biggrin:

Should i be taking offence to that.:eek:

stark27
02-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I've seen the website but it does not really answer any questions. What is the increase in kw and nm for my car? Does this device reset the flash counter?

PaulM
02-08-2008, 10:48 PM
I emailed AM Tuning in Adelaide who said that for the GT Sport 2TDi DSG the gain is approx 30-35kw :D

Greg Roles
03-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Should i be taking offence to that.:eek:

That was the idea:biggrin:

Logsy is fine, PM him !

stark27
14-08-2008, 07:06 PM
On Monday 11th Aug I received my ST3 (thanks Logzy), went through the process and loaded the fast road map. I had only filled up on Sunday night and reset the MFD which means approx 200km had been done while the car was unmoded. Went out that night and flogged it around the streets for 30mins or so after warming up. Just after leaving work tonight I had just under 1/4 tank left. It had done over 700km so far, had 230km left and my avg fuel consumption was 5.4L/100km! Needless to say I was highly impressed as the best I could manage before the St3 was 5.7L/100km. I filled the tank up again tonight before I left Sydney for the trip home and I'm currently averaging 5.0L/100km!!! At this rate the ST3 will have paid itself off after 1 year because I do over 40000km per year. Fantastic!

As for performance. It's a bloody beast when you shift the DSG into "S" mode and this coming from a former R34 Skyline owner. It has loads of torque and just wants to keep accelerating. The power delivery seems to be smoother, more linear which makes the GT experience even that much better then it was stock.

The ST3 is definitely the best bang for buck out there right now. I got a huge performance gain without burning a hole in my pocket AND it will pay itself of by returning better fuel economy, so in the end it costs me nothing!

Logzy
14-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Very glad youre happy with it.

orsegtsport
16-08-2008, 01:25 AM
On Monday 11th Aug I received my ST3 (thanks Logzy), went through the process and loaded the fast road map. I had only filled up on Sunday night and reset the MFD which means approx 200km had been done while the car was unmoded. Went out that night and flogged it around the streets for 30mins or so after warming up. Just after leaving work tonight I had just under 1/4 tank left. It had done over 700km so far, had 230km left and my avg fuel consumption was 5.4L/100km! Needless to say I was highly impressed as the best I could manage before the St3 was 5.7L/100km. I filled the tank up again tonight before I left Sydney for the trip home and I'm currently averaging 5.0L/100km!!! At this rate the ST3 will have paid itself off after 1 year because I do over 40000km per year. Fantastic!

As for performance. It's a bloody beast when you shift the DSG into "S" mode and this coming from a former R34 Skyline owner. It has loads of torque and just wants to keep accelerating. The power delivery seems to be smoother, more linear which makes the GT experience even that much better then it was stock.

The ST3 is definitely the best bang for buck out there right now. I got a huge performance gain without burning a hole in my pocket AND it will pay itself of by returning better fuel economy, so in the end it costs me nothing!

Yep it's a great product and fantastic value for money, but I wouldn't get too carried away just yet with the economy. For whatever reason, the fast road map (on my GT TDI at least), makes the trip computer even more optimistic than it was previously. In my case, where the trip computer indicates an average of 5.4L/100km, the actual average when manually calculated is around 5.8L - 5.9L/100km. Interestingly, when I use the 'Economy' map, the trip computer is almost spot on.

I have been doing an experiment over the past 4 tanks, where I have run fast road for 2 tanks and economy on the other two. I have filled up from the same pump on all occasions, the nature of the journeys and my driving style have been extremely consistent throughout, and all 4 tanks have returned almost exactly the same distance, and a calculated average of 5.8L/100km.

Two tests for each map is hardly sufficient replication I know, but the results were so similar on every test that I'm pretty confident I could continue to replicate them over and over. Therefore, I can only deduce that the economy map does not actually provide a noticeable improvement in economy over the fast road map. The fast road feels appreciably stronger too imo , so I can't see any value in running the economy map anymore.

My next step will be to run the factory map :eek: (the things we do in the name of science) for a couple of tanks to see if the chippedUK maps do actually provide an improvement in economy over stock.

I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts on fast road v economy, and some manually calculated fuel economy results.:)

Logzy
16-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Cant comment on the difference between the FR and Econ maps but it is known that the MFD is a out a tad when it comes the the displayed fuel enonomy vs real calculated figures.
This can be adjusted a little using VCDS

gregozedobe
18-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts on fast road v economy, and some manually calculated fuel economy results.:)

Maybe if you drive for economy with each map (ie very gently rather than your usual driving style) you might see a difference in fuel consumption(economy vs stock or FR maps) ?

Buller_Scott
21-08-2008, 09:11 AM
hey logzy, is there a map/ unit for the polo tdi, by any chance?

Logzy
22-08-2008, 07:53 AM
hey logzy, is there a map/ unit for the polo tdi, by any chance?

Yes, the ST3 is available for the Polo TDI.
What year and engine size is your Polo ?

silvershadow
22-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Yes, the ST3 is available for the Polo TDI.
What year and engine size is your Polo ?

We have an MY09 TDI DSG Eos on order.

I realise this has the new-spec TDI engine but I would be interested in upgrading it once the engine is run-in.

Buller_Scott
24-08-2008, 11:40 PM
sorry for the late reply logzy.....

my polo is a 2007 build 1.9 polo tdi.

im also looking at oettinger and revo, but the fact that in earlier posts you said that the "factory" map is also available on the switcher thingy, that it actually puts it back to the factory map as opposed to what it THINKS are the factory settings, is also very interesting to me- im keen to find out more....

cheers! :toast:

stark27
12-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Is there any update on the firmware for the ST3 to clear the codes?

stark27
12-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Cant comment on the difference between the FR and Econ maps but it is known that the MFD is a out a tad when it comes the the displayed fuel enonomy vs real calculated figures.
This can be adjusted a little using VCDS

FR is out by approx 0.5L/100km for me. ECO is also out but I have not measured it.

Roobuls
13-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Is there any update on the firmware for the ST3 to clear the codes?

Apparently within the next few weeks there'll be a major ST3 firmware upgrade that will sort out all those problems (ie it'll clear any error codes you get when you're flashing)

:countsheep:

sixtyniners
19-09-2008, 02:40 PM
hi guys just wanted to also know what dyno figures are avaiable on the the chips as when i raced sprint cars and thought i was the fastest guy on the track infact was one of the slowest...and when it felt slow and didnt feel like a race car i was infact lapping other cars.... so when your car is set up well doesnt feel as fast as one u have to work hard at driving which makes it feel fast.... i like the staight run as the clock doesnt get it to far wrong if u have a good run...but figures on the dyno will give best comparisum.... not having a go at anyone or anything but would like to see for myelf as i would spend the money now without a 2nd thought if i knew the best chip.
ted

Logzy
21-09-2008, 11:18 AM
hi guys just wanted to also know what dyno figures are avaiable on the the chips as when i raced sprint cars and thought i was the fastest guy on the track infact was one of the slowest...and when it felt slow and didnt feel like a race car i was infact lapping other cars.... so when your car is set up well doesnt feel as fast as one u have to work hard at driving which makes it feel fast.... i like the staight run as the clock doesnt get it to far wrong if u have a good run...but figures on the dyno will give best comparisum.... not having a go at anyone or anything but would like to see for myelf as i would spend the money now without a 2nd thought if i knew the best chip.
ted

Define "Best Chip"
Alot of the chips give around the same figures however its all about how the power is applied.
Some are snappier and harsher whilst others are smoother in their power delivery.
I use the ST3 as its smooth in its power delivery and great value for money IMO but search the threads and have a read there are heaps of reviews and a few comparisons.

Buller_Scott
23-09-2008, 11:40 AM
hey logzy, just a couple of quick questions:

how long have you run chipped uk st3? find it reliable? i dont know anything about tuning cars, so i wouldnt know what to do with any software errors that may come up, nor how to detect them...

also, what kind of product support is there for the system? can you re-send the "stock" map, and have new maps resent after the initial upload/download, to maximise the effect of things like cda's, dump pipes etc?

thank you.

Logzy
23-09-2008, 06:14 PM
hey logzy, just a couple of quick questions:

how long have you run chipped uk st3? find it reliable? i dont know anything about tuning cars, so i wouldnt know what to do with any software errors that may come up, nor how to detect them...

also, what kind of product support is there for the system? can you re-send the "stock" map, and have new maps resent after the initial upload/download, to maximise the effect of things like cda's, dump pipes etc?

thank you.

I have been running it for 3.5 months now and have not had a single problem with it.
It really is brilliant, great performance, great economy and all levels like the EGT etc are fine.
It does not create any error codes other than the communication code when flashing. Some have said this clears itself after a drive and others have said vagcom is required.
The units are getting a firmware upgrade this week which will fix the flash counter incrementing that you may have read about and may also remove the communication code that is present after flashing.

The maps are good for even a few mods like dump pipes etc without a new map needing to be generated but if you do some major mods then yes, you can get new maps for 100 pounds direct from ChippedUK.

Buller_Scott
24-09-2008, 12:36 AM
I have been running it for 3.5 months now and have not had a single problem with it.
It really is brilliant, great performance, great economy and all levels like the EGT etc are fine.
It does not create any error codes other than the communication code when flashing. Some have said this clears itself after a drive and others have said vagcom is required.
The units are getting a firmware upgrade this week which will fix the flash counter incrementing that you may have read about and may also remove the communication code that is present after flashing.

The maps are good for even a few mods like dump pipes etc without a new map needing to be generated but if you do some major mods then yes, you can get new maps for 100 pounds direct from ChippedUK.

uh-oh. im now seriously considering this......

in terms of mods, whilst i DID tell golfman that im looking to get alot of power out of the car, i dont think that i will be as ambitious as him in my quest- probably just chip, bmc panel filter, seat CAI, and dump pipe (apart from suspension and wheel mods). and chippeduk st3 is obtainable for less than a grand? yum.....

stark27
24-09-2008, 10:02 AM
The ST3 is bloody brilliant. The boost in toruqe is huge and it pulls up steep hills better then a V8. Would be great around National Parks and so forth. My fuel economy is no worse off then before I chipped it. Last tank I did 6.4L/100km, the best I've done is 5.6L/100km all manually calculated because the ST3 confuses the MFD some what.

Edit: Excuse my ignorance but was exactly is a dump pipe.

Roobuls
24-09-2008, 10:18 AM
The ST3 is bloody brilliant.

I have to agree there.

Every single time I plug that throttle into the floor I'm impressed with the performance improvements given by ST3.

Buller_Scott
27-09-2008, 11:57 PM
hey stark1

dump pipe is also known as down pipe- dont know if you know much about this (i dont myself) so i will tread lightly....

in the polo forum, there are a couple of guys who say that for the cost of a $3-400aud or so custom made dump pipe, on a chipped car it will realise (in one gent's case) an additional 13kw atw.

in terms of posted sigs, the guy with the most kw atw in the polo forum (as far as i am aware, go ahead and correct me, guys) is a guy running chip and dump/down pipe.

apparently they are great as they relieve the somewhat overbearing back-pressure between the turbo and cat (dp= pipe between turbo and cat), and thus allow a few more horses to roam free....

i was thinking of getting one as whilst i know im not driving a race car, i do also appreciate that hey- diesels arent slow pieces of ***** anymore- they can be tuned well, and i'll take most of what i can get.

however, what with chipped uk chip (cmon- is it not irresistable?) in about a year (let any real early life failure issues come to the surface and get fixed by VW), bmc replacement panel filter, Seat CAI, i think i will have a car that suits my needs (tiny polo, good economy, a motor that slaughters it up the hill past traffic control at the base of mt buller- im a snowboarder- this is a significant part of my life ((30++ day trips a year at home, more abroad))), and i dont really feel the need to have any more horses as a seven second-100kmh (should be my car with mods) pogo is more than enough- almost lost my license the other week on the way to buller, cop dropped a few kms/ hr because when he cheekily said he was bored, but had waited for me all morning, i replied with "man, im sorry- i got here as fast as i could" lol. i exploited a well known cack.

that, and it looked like he was having a prosperous morning, lol (saw him pull up a couple others)/

anyway. yes. good mod, but i dont want to cook the clutch in the polo, so i think i will restrain myself and NOT do the down pipe on the polo.

in terms of mods- i previously thought i would be getting around $6k in tax, but hey- im young and naive, and guess what? HECS...... those god damn rotten motherFU*#ERS........

Logzy
28-09-2008, 09:48 AM
The ST3 is bloody brilliant. The boost in toruqe is huge and it pulls up steep hills better then a V8. Would be great around National Parks and so forth. My fuel economy is no worse off then before I chipped it. Last tank I did 6.4L/100km, the best I've done is 5.6L/100km all manually calculated because the ST3 confuses the MFD some what.

Edit: Excuse my ignorance but was exactly is a dump pipe.

Yes. I love the torque too and have to agree, feels better than a V8.
The l/100km reported by the MFD is inaccurate even without the ST3.
Dont know why, thats just how it is.

Buller_Scott
29-09-2008, 01:03 PM
hey logzy got any torque/ power figures for the polo 1.9 tdi?

Logzy
29-09-2008, 07:49 PM
hey logzy got any torque/ power figures for the polo 1.9 tdi?

Gains are approx 74kw to 98kw power and 240nm to 300nm torque.

Buller_Scott
30-09-2008, 02:00 AM
Gains are approx 74kw to 98kw power and 240nm to 300nm torque.

cool. thanks for the info. 'tis only a matter of time....

greygolf8
17-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Any updates on the promised update ?

bluey
19-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Graphs for VW ASZ engine 1.9TDI 96kW + tuning. (http://bitnet.ro/vw/images/dyno/ASZBIG.jpg)

Roobuls
10-11-2008, 11:59 PM
There's a discussion about the Flash Counter being FIXED for some of us.

This discussion is on the UK-MKIVS forum under the following title:

Flash Counter FIXED!!!! (http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/228414.aspx)

:)

Jaymz
11-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Anyone dynoed yet? I agree with Logz, not really about outright power because we all know how accurate dyno's are, but would be good to see the shape of the power/torque curve for comparisons sake.

Roobuls
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
There's a discussion about the Flash Counter being FIXED for some of us.

This discussion is on the UK-MKIVS forum under the following title:

Flash Counter FIXED!!!! (http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/228414.aspx)

:)

I've updated the firmware on my ST3 and supposedly the "Programming Attempts" will no longer increment when I re-flash my car.
I've already re-flashed once since updating without it going up.
Now I can re-flash to my hearts content.

Please note that so far, this update is only for diesels that use the Bosch edc16 chip.

:mowlawn::mowlawn::mowlawn:

Maverick
14-11-2008, 04:39 AM
I've updated the firmware on my ST3 and supposedly the "Programming Attempts" will no longer increment when I re-flash my car.
I've already re-flashed once since updating without it going up.
Now I can re-flash to my hearts content.

Please note that so far, this update is only for diesels that use the Bosch edc16 chip.

The problem is not really fixed however seeing as it only applies to one small portion of their customer base and it doesn't reset the counter back to "what it was before the ST3 was used" as they said it would.

You still have the same problem that you have a flash counter that shows your ECU has been tampered with if your dealer decides to go looking which they will if they see the errors that are generated when you flash the ECU.

Roobuls
14-11-2008, 01:25 PM
The problem is not really fixed.....

Yes, I am well aware of that. But this does show that they are trying to resolve the issue for all of us.

So far they've stopped flash counter incrementing for diesels with the Bosch ECU. I think they are now working on re-setting it back to zero for those who have already used it.

So anyone with Bosch diesels who hasn't got an ST3 yet, can get it and the flash counter will stay at zero (therefore it will be un-detectable).

The rest of us have to wait.

Logzy
14-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Yes, I am well aware of that. But this does show that they are trying to resolve the issue for all of us.

So far they've stopped flash counter incrementing for diesels with the Bosch ECU. I think they are now working on re-setting it back to zero for those who have already used it.

So anyone with Bosch diesels who hasn't got an ST3 yet, can get it and the flash counter will stay at zero (therefore it will be un-detectable).

The rest of us have to wait.

I spoke to them tonight regarding these 2 issues and yes its coming soon for the other ECU's and they are working on the reset to zero too.
When its available for all ECU's and can reset back to zero i wil be happy.

comfortline
05-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Any news Logzy?

brentondm
07-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Logzy is the 2.0 GT Sport a Bosch edc16 ECU ?

my question more so is..... what changes can be seen with vagcom?

Jaymz
09-12-2008, 09:11 PM

GT TDI comes with both Bosch & VDO/Siemens. Sorry mate dont have vagcom

brentondm
08-01-2009, 11:32 AM
ok, can anyone advise in VAGCOM where i can find the ECU make, I'm hoping someone will be bringing vagcom to the Jan 11 meet in sydney.

steming from this, what is the current features of the ST3 logzy?

http://www.alientech-to.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=103

indicates that in november:

VAG Counter managing

On BOSCH engine control units EDC 16CP34, 16U, 16U31 and 16U34 equipped on VAG Vehicles (Volkswagen/Audi Group) is embedded an electronic counter that keeps the number of reprogramming made on the ECU. Starting by the new version will be possible to manage this counter, in two differents ways:

* Reset, with which you can clear the VAG counter.
* Stealth, with which is possible to restore the VAG counter the previous value, in this way the last reprogramming will be invisible.

i'm keen to get an ST3 as long as it will be an invisible tune.

Logzy
09-01-2009, 10:55 AM

The 2.0 TDI GT Sport is a Siemens ECU not a Bosch.
At the moment the flash counter is still increased with this ECU.

benno
31-01-2009, 08:30 AM
The 2.0 TDI GT Sport is a Siemens ECU not a Bosch.
At the moment the flash counter is still increased with this ECU.

Logzy are there plans to support the Siemens ECU for flash count resetting?

Logzy
31-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Logzy are there plans to support the Siemens ECU for flash count resetting?

Im asking the same question myself, I would think there are but dont have a definate date at the moment.

benno
31-01-2009, 12:32 PM
I think I'd be pretty keen for one if they do sort this out. Give us a shout if you hear something!

Buller_Scott
02-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Logzy, just curious- what about the EDC15p?