PDA

View Full Version : 8 Speaker System in Golf V

DAN682
23-05-2008, 12:00 PM
People,

When I bought the TSI I just bought it standard.

I have now dropped in a HiTV V2000 unit and want to know what people have been doing with the empty speaker hole in the door?

I was thinking maybe putting a 3 channel crossover in and then throwing some speakers in. Maybe ditch the VW Amp which I believe is under the dash somewhere and drop a Rockford amp under the back seat if I can.

Any ideas and or photos of setups would be great.

Cheers

Dan

Soundofav6
26-05-2008, 09:37 AM
What do you mean empty holes,did you take the speakers out ?

From What I know, the mk5s has a 3 way system on the front, great start! I think the 3 way is a 6.5'', 4'' and tweeter. Rear may be a 5 1/4''. Thats what "I was told".

I run a 4 channel Rockford, very nice. Would you have the dimension under the rear seat? But I am sure it will fit.

MB quartz make a awesome 3 way system it is ~$900.

keep us updated.

DAN682
26-05-2008, 09:54 AM
What do you mean empty holes,did you take the speakers out ?

If you take a look at the door trim when you don't have the RNS510 fitted, you have the speaker in the bottom corner, then near the window switches there is a speaker cover but no speakers as it is only used when you get the RNS510 and you get the 10 speaker system instead.

glidn
28-05-2008, 03:57 PM
well if your mk5's are anything like the NZ market, it was only the GTI and TDI 2.0 and above that got the actual 3 way components up front. the lower range only got 2 way even tho the doors are catered for 3 way. Thanks VW.

The subaru's do the same but those that dont have 3 way only get a 2 way door card.

So all i can say is sucks to be them. lol

mrx
29-05-2008, 10:19 AM
People,

When I bought the TSI I just bought it standard.

I have now dropped in a HiTV V2000 unit and want to know what people have been doing with the empty speaker hole in the door?

I was thinking maybe putting a 3 channel crossover in and then throwing some speakers in. Maybe ditch the VW Amp which I believe is under the dash somewhere and drop a Rockford amp under the back seat if I can.

Any ideas and or photos of setups would be great.

Cheers

Dan

If you only have the 8 speaker setup, then I don't think there is an additional amp - just whatever's built into the head unit.

The factory amp with the 10 speaker setup resides under the front passenger's seat - there's actually quite a lot of room under there, and even fits under the under seat drawer (if you're lucky enough to have that). Of course you may not want to put an after market amp under there if it's going to get super hot.

DAN682
29-05-2008, 10:33 AM
If you only have the 8 speaker setup, then I don't think there is an additional amp - just whatever's built into the head unit.

The factory amp with the 10 speaker setup resides under the front passenger's seat - there's actually quite a lot of room under there, and even fits under the under seat drawer (if you're lucky enough to have that). Of course you may not want to put an after market amp under there if it's going to get super hot.

hrmm.. interesting.

I think I will throw an amp under there then and might opt for some MB Quart Reference series.

Thanks