PDA

View Full Version : Accessories for the Treg

inzane
22-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi guys

I am looking at getting some rubber floor mats and cargo tray for my Treg.

The dealer quoted:

1. Rubber floor mat $220
2. Cargo tray - plastic tub $450

Do you guys think it's worth it? do you know where I can get it after-market? I don't mind what brand if it's nice and fits the Treg :)

Zane

dmm_au
23-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Dollar value, hard to say, everything seems expensive.

I liked the plastic boot liner when I first saw it, but as I don't have a space saver, the space under the floor of the boot is handy, and this boot liner would spoil that for me.

I understand you can also use Porsche Cayenne floor mats, which I guess you'd want to price. I saw a thread on one of the other boards about a third party floor mat which some said was great and at least one person said had been a disappointing fit.

I probably haven't helped much :(

inzane
23-05-2008, 12:10 PM
No David, you have helped! at least I know there are some third party mats available. I will do a search!

Flipper Dog
23-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Hello Zane,
for my money i think the factory/Volkswagen rubber floor mats are worth the price. Fit very well and you can throw them over the standard carpet ones. Covers the whole area those little feet get into.

As for the cargo tray I picked something up on ebay from a company out of Brisbane, not a tray but a rubber mat with side walls. Price $150 on ebay but have not seen then tonight. They pop up now and then, just type in "touareg" in the ebay search. The mat is flexible so you can open the spare wheel area without removing the whole thing and very hardy.

dmm_au
26-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Hello Zane,
for my money i think the factory/Volkswagen rubber floor mats are worth the price. Fit very well and you can throw them over the standard carpet ones. Covers the whole area those little feet get into.

They cover the whole footwell area?
We've been covering the footwell with newspaper and throwing it out after a trip. Day to day, we don't have a mud problem.

T Rex
28-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi Zane
For some time now I have been protecting the cargo floor on my 4WDs with a mat I made up from heavy duty rubber matting available at Clark Rubber. This takes all sorts of punishment and can be easily removed for cleaning. Now that we have our Treg I am using the same mat but will attach some velcro in a few places so it grips the carpet on the cargo area floor.

Hope you are enjoying your Treg as much as we are enjoying ours.

Cheers

Geoff

OilBurna
28-05-2008, 07:35 AM
chekc this website they will ship down under and have a good rep in the States. Lot of the VW Vortex guys use them.

www.oempl.us

TouaregTuff
18-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Im with TRax on this. Clark Rubber is the go. You can cut to size and they have lots to choose from. You will not spend anywhere near $220 there :)

tk-r32
22-08-2008, 09:37 AM
If anyone know's how I can get my hands on a rns 510 sat nav for my Touareg 2008 TDI V6 pls advise. VW - claims not yet available in spare parts.

tks

sparky
01-09-2008, 09:30 PM
The Cayenne mats fit perfectly .Having sold my Cayenne back to Porsche...the Touareg is even better!

Director
05-10-2008, 12:37 PM
just got one out of germany through ebay 1600.00 should arrive this week