PDA

View Full Version : My new Touareg purchase :)

inzane
19-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey guys ... newbie here would like to say hello

I've bought a 'new' Touareg and it's due to be delivered tomorrow...

It's a V6 3.6 FSI 2006 built 2007 compliance, with 5100km on it, VW company car before I bought it. It's got sunroof and external full size spare wheels. Paid $65500 for it ... I can bearly afford it as I was looking at the Outback, CX9, Pathfinder, Pajero ... I hope this is the right choice:P

What are your opinions on the off road ability of the Treg??

I am excited about it! Talk to you guys later ... great advice on this forum BTW.

Zane

DaveMack
19-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the forum, Zane ... and congrats on your Toerag purchase ... hope it's all you wish it to be. :)

Cheers,
Dave

balkanac
19-05-2008, 02:01 PM
hi mate, welcome!
People say that those cars are pretty capable offroad. someone with more knowledge will answer that soon. Anyway, i wanna see some pics!! :)

inzane
19-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome - will be posting photos when I get the chance to take its photos! Will check out the off road handling of this car

dmm_au
21-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Welcome aboard, a lot of the touareg owners hear also use clubtouareg.com so when you've read through the forums here, check that out as well.

I have a Touareg, and it seems to have a lot of capability of road.
There aren't the usual accessories, particularly a number of people have expressed a desire for a snorkel. You have chosen the number 1 accessory to take you're touareg off road, which is the full sized spare. Well done.

My advice would be to consider joining a 4wd club. I've recently applied to the Range Rover Club of Victoria (RRCV). You might consider putting some AT tyres on it, as they'll be tougher and provide better traction off road, with some trade off in top speed and road noise.

inzane
21-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi dmm_au, thanks for referring me to clubtouareg, I have joined up already!

I am not planning on doing a lot of offroads, but I am a amateur photographer, love landscape, and often travel to remote places. I used to be driving my GTI now I have more confidence to go to different places. Thanks for the info.

Moonan
21-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Hi and welcome, you made the right choice, you'll never look back!
Off road capability is in the "real 4WD" class, Cape York, Simpson Desert etc would be no trouble if you go well prepared (as with any off-roading) and it's the superb ride and handling as you travel the many km in between adventures that sets the treg apart from the rest...
Anyway, have fun in your new machine!

inzane
22-05-2008, 03:38 PM
i am tempted to go offroad... thanks Moonan!

dmm_au
23-05-2008, 09:23 AM
i am tempted to go offroad... thanks Moonan!

If you want to go off road, join a 4wd club, at least until you've completed the driver training they'll all offer new members.

We just signed up to the range rover club of victoria.
Had the theory component of the driver training last night.
The course is aligned with 4WD Victoria's training program. I think it was excellent. Practical occurs in Toolangi State forrest tomorrow.

Should be fun.

inzane
23-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Keep me posted of the practical, would you? thanks David

dmm_au
26-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Practical went well.
I've already posted about it here (with some pictures)

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f67/sunday-drive-18414-2.html

DAN682
26-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I heard you can tow a 747 with them

God I love that show!

Congrats on the purchase!

OPVW
27-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I heard you can tow a 747 with them Well...kinda....you'd need the V10 model with a few 'modifications'...V8 transmission, 3tonne of ballast in the rear, super low tyre pressures and modified tow bar to hook up the 747 but yeah....after that...tow away :-)

DAN682
27-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Well...kinda....you'd need the V10 model with a few 'modifications'...V8 transmission, 3tonne of ballast in the rear, super low tyre pressures and modified tow bar to hook up the 747 but yeah....after that...tow away :-)

Can you supply me with the R50 for a few hours? I have the ASIC to get onto the Tarmac, I am sure Qantas wont mind If I conduct some testing for myself :D

phaeton
30-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Welcome inzane :D

Have any pics yet ?