PDA

View Full Version : Supersprint = Good times

McCosker
19-05-2008, 09:32 AM
I participated in my first supersprint yesterday at Eastern Creek. It was really a bloody good time and I would encourage others that would like to get into a bit of track work to give it a go.
Fully timed laps, so you know how your going. The best I could get was 2:11 which seemed pretty slow on the day as the fastest car lapped a 1:41. But my car is pretty much stock right now. Running with stock suspension and tyres slowed me down the most. I couldn't carry very much cornering speed at all.
Even though I was slow I had a great day, and as I said before I would encourage anyone who has considered themselves as a bit of a racer to give it a go.
I cant wait for the next one. Will have sway bars and coilovers by then, and maybe some ex race tyres, should be able to take a few secs off my time with that.

Flaps
19-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Good to hear mate. I did Wakefield on Saturday which was good fun, the rain ruined it though :(

You should come along to one of these days - http://www.drivingsolutions.com.au/Track_Days.htm

A few of us do them from here and a few from Vortex too. Great fun and you get about 6 x 20min sessions so thats about 40 laps instead of the 10 or so you would have done yesterday.

Edit - You'll find experience and practice will improve your times a bit.

OZVWConvert
22-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Good to hear mate. I did Wakefield on Saturday which was good fun, the rain ruined it though :(

You should come along to one of these days - http://www.drivingsolutions.com.au/Track_Days.htm

A few of us do them from here and a few from Vortex too. Great fun and you get about 6 x 20min sessions so thats about 40 laps instead of the 10 or so you would have done yesterday.

Edit - You'll find experience and practice will improve your times a bit.

What times did you get at Wakefield? That little Polo of yours would have been pretty quick even in the rain!

Cheers
Stu

Flaps
22-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey Stu.

I only got 3 sessions and by the time I got used to the track in the 3rd session I only got 1 'fast' lap in while it was starting to rain and did a 1.16.0. There's a lot left in it that's for sure!! If the rain hadn't come it would have been such an awesome day becasue there were only about 20 cars there(some guys with NFI though :o). 1.14s or better should be attainable with some practice. I'm going down again in August for a day and plan to give it to a well known instructor to see what he can get out of it. ;)

Come to EC on 22nd July I'm predicting about 10 or more VAG cars j:

McCosker
22-05-2008, 07:59 PM
the track day on the 22nd looks like it would be pretty good, bit on the costly side though. i might have to hold out till the next state round.
the instructors riding with you would be good though. they could tell me how to take all the corners correctly.

OZVWConvert
29-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Wouldn't mind going to EC, but I will be in France for the 2nd half of July...

1:14s at Wakefield should be a breeze for your beast! You will probably do even better after watching the instructor throw your car around the track. That's how I got mine into the 1:13s!