PDA

View Full Version : SEAT VR6 Fuel Line

Golf Loon
10-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Faaaaaaaaaark

Went to Eastern Creek on Wednesday to Drag race the Ibiza VR6 down the 1/4.

We got the last racing ticket and were waiting to go into scruitineering when Brento noticed a huuge pool of petrol under the car. The plastic fuelline that runs through the box section of the chassis has split somewhere and petrol was pouring out.

Obviously no racing for me. GRRRR

We drove back to the gate to cash in the ticket so that I could get my money back and someone else could have a race. At the gate was my mate Steve in his Passat wagon with a rebuilt motor getting turned away!

we caused chaos, I got a refund, steve got the ticket and the ticket lady and security were so confused that brenton and I got in for free as spectators ;)

Gonna fix the fuelline and have another go next week. Might put 15s on to help the accelleration.

Got home safely, but used $20 of fuel to go 20kms!

GoLfMan
10-08-2006, 12:04 PM
thats no good mate, $hit happens.
even with the split fuel line its got better economy than an Aussie V8 :D

Golf Loon
10-08-2006, 08:03 PM
FIXED.
It wasn`t a split in the fuel line, just a hoseclamp that was loose. Put 2 clamps on there now, was done in 5 mins. Nice when that happens.
Spent the time I would have spent fixing the car cleaning it.
I`m ready for a cruise now :)

deemoE36
10-08-2006, 08:23 PM
too bad u didnt race, but good to hear u fixed it...

Golf Loon
10-08-2006, 08:37 PM
too bad u didnt race, but good to hear u fixed it...

I know. We could have fixed it at the races if it had ben daylight and we had a screwdriver. GRR. Definately going next wednesday though. It`ll probably get a work out on sunday too! ;)

DVR68U
11-08-2006, 12:16 AM
lol yeah if only we could have seen the problem when we where there, theres always next week, ill prob take my bike :D
cheers brenton