PDA

View Full Version : Likely R36 owner!!

Deedub68
19-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Hi all,

I had a piece of good news today! My employers parent company today authorised me to go ahead and order an R36 sedan as my company car. Joy!

Made my weekend I can tell you. I was considering the 3.2l V6 but then I found out the R36 was on the way so...I had to ask. Y'know what they say..you don't ask, you don't get.

My rationale was that by the time you up-spec a 3.2l to anything CLOSE to an R36 then the R36 looks like pretty good value. And more fun to drive to boot. I had a good look at the demo unit at the Adelaide motor show and aside from lack of headroom in the sunroof display model (I am 6ft 4in and I won't be ordering the roof anyway: don't want to push my luck) everything looks sweet.

Now...can any of you give me anything I need to be aware of? This will be my first VW vehicle so am unfamiliar with the organsation as a whole. The trade in on my current vehicle seems a little low...but then it is a POS first generation Trerritory AWD so I can't say I am surprised.

Estimated arrival the dealer has advised me will be about "September / October". Based on the other posts in this forum this sounds about right.

Look forward to reading more here...

Deedub

black1
19-05-2008, 10:04 AM
I am also 6 4 and currently drive the 3.2 v6 with all options including the sunroof.

Don't rule it out. The seat has plenty of movement and I have had no trouble with head room. The sunroof also adds good light during the day, and would recommend you having another look.

Good luck

Deedub68
19-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I think the standard (non electrical) seats are OK for my height, but I just felt a little confined with the powered seats. Do they sit just a couple of mm higher?

black1
19-05-2008, 11:46 AM
not sure about the non powered seats as mine are powered.

I have the seat tilted up at the front and have plenty of head room.

Use to own a touareg and find the passat has more room with the sun roof.

Mischa
19-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Now...can any of you give me anything I need to be aware of? This will be my first VW vehicle so am unfamiliar with the organsation as a whole. Deedub

ey there welcome to vw world :)

the only thing you need to be aware of is dealerships ie: stay away from a car dealership with teh initials CCC!!!!

R36 Dreamer
19-05-2008, 12:50 PM
ey there welcome to vw world :)

the only thing you need to be aware of is dealerships ie: stay away from a car dealership with teh initials CCC!!!!

What is the problem with CCC - I see a number of posts from you slagging them off. What did they do?

I have never dealt with them and use Barloworld, but would be interested to hear what they did?

I am not having a go at you at all, and think these forums are a good way to find out who to not deal with - as well as who to deal with, so your clarification would be appreciated!

Mischa
19-05-2008, 12:58 PM
What is the problem with CCC - I see a number of posts from you slagging them off. What did they do?

I have never dealt with them and use Barloworld, but would be interested to hear what they did?

I am not having a go at you at all, and think these forums are a good way to find out who to not deal with - as well as who to deal with, so your clarification would be appreciated!

no probs, i have explained myself a few times but it gets a bit tiresome with every post :P

basically they kept lying about delivery dates and the car ended up being 2.5 months late. they kept giving away my allocated car and screwing me around. also i asked for a few simple yet very specific things to be done pre delivery of which they did none of. and all of the screwing around they did to me they did with a big cheesy smile on their face acting like they were doing me a favour. doesnt sound like much but when you've just signed for a 40k car and things liek this keep on happening i think its unacceptable.

a couple of others on this forum have had similar and worse experiences (cars 6 months late, having to go to court to retreive their money back etc etc), so the extra 20 minutes drive up to hornsby (who i recommend) is fully worth it!

Deedub68
21-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Blue r36 sedan with sunroof and satnav...

Ordered and deposit paid today. Advised ETA will be August, and advised also that there are only a couple left from the first shipment (all blue).

No sunroof
Sunroof + satnav
Sunroof + satnav + Dynaudio

So now the waiting begins....

Deedub

Wyatt
21-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Congrats. Same configuration as mine and similar ETA. I ordered mine a month ago.

VW Convert
21-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Congrats. Same configuration as mine and similar ETA. I ordered mine a month ago.

Careful he may be getting yours! j:

Cheers

George

Steve
21-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Anyone have a blue wagon with auto tailgate, sat-nav and Dynaudio that they want to trade for the same without Dynaudio?

Please? :) :D

Treza360
21-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the forums mate and congratulations on the order.
Do you mind if I ask what you do for a living or the industry you're in? I'm always interested to know what people do for a living and what I should've done at uni instead of spending five years at uni doing engineering and IT. :rolleyes:j:

Wyatt
21-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Grrrr - back off! :n:

(actually, I'm having 2nd thoughts about adding Dynaudio and a CD stacker, but I don't want to push my luck!)

Steve
21-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah but yours is a sedan and therefore useless to me :P

Wolves1877
21-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Anyone have a blue wagon with auto tailgate, sat-nav and Dynaudio that they want to trade for the same without Dynaudio?

Please? :) :D

I have one with sun-roof, auto tailgate, sat-nav and Dynaudio that is being built tomorrow with an expected delivery of August. I'm still not 100% sure about whether I want the car so there is the chance that mine may become available for someone. Currently looking at new A4 and Range Rover Sport as alternatives.

Steve
21-05-2008, 09:49 PM
If you decide you don't want it, please let me know. If it turns out that my car is artificially delayed and expected in August anyway, I'll be happy to try to make the switch. Where are you located?

Wolves1877
23-05-2008, 03:08 PM
If you decide you don't want it, please let me know. If it turns out that my car is artificially delayed and expected in August anyway, I'll be happy to try to make the switch. Where are you located?

I'm located in Sydney but I'm sure it wouldn't be a hassle for VGA to arrange a transfer or orders. I'll keep you posted on my decision.

Steve
23-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Cool, thanks.

I haven't heard from my dealer and the signs are looking good for delivery in three or four weeks, so who knows...!

phaeton
24-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Time for the local SA Dinner GTG Steve j:

BTW Welcome Deedub :D

Steve
24-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Time for the local SA Dinner GTG Steve j:

With some R36 goodness... oh yeah :)

Wolves1877
05-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Cool, thanks.

I haven't heard from my dealer and the signs are looking good for delivery in three or four weeks, so who knows...!

Hi Steve, not sure what the latest is on your expected delivery but I am no longer going ahead with my R36, so if you wanted to you could try and get hold of my order VIN: WVWZZZ3CK8E252981 (Blue wagon with sat nav, auto tailgate, rear camera, sunroof, dynaudio).

Cheers,

Vene
05-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Why the change of heart?

Wolves1877
05-06-2008, 02:45 PM
long story but basically my employer changed the rules around packaging the car which meant I coudn't use my current car as a trade to reduce the amount being financed. It was either package the full value of the car or nothing at all. Because of other things I package through my salary (day-care, parking etc) I wasn't happy to do that.

Steve
05-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi Steve, not sure what the latest is on your expected delivery but I am no longer going ahead with my R36, so if you wanted to you could try and get hold of my order VIN: WVWZZZ3CK8E252981 (Blue wagon with sat nav, auto tailgate, rear camera, sunroof, dynaudio).

Cheers,
Ouch... I won't be able to pilfer the order from you as I'm expecting mine in a week or two and can't wait any longer (not only am I impatient, I'm also without a car at the moment!).

Cheers, though... if VW were going to hold the cars back I'd be in like Flynn :)