PDA

View Full Version : ipod connected to radio

yogles
09-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Have had the factory kit installed and so far so good... playlists come up as cd's... ipod sits in glove box probably would have preferred centre console between front seats though...

Hilton_K
03-09-2006, 07:21 PM
What model car is this, Golf??

any chance you could htrow so pics of it connected please??

eestison
23-09-2006, 10:17 PM
i am all for having the interface cable out through the console between the seats - but out of the glove box will do just fine.

if you are keen, i am sure it would be quite easy (if only a little time consuming) to run the cable to the desired location yourself. pics of the end result would be nice - if you run it out of the console between the seats.

Dr Spine
25-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Finally took felivery of my Mk 5 GTI on the weekend and have been extremely happy except for the stereo not playing mp3 discs. What's with that? The manual that came with the car suggests that it can do so....or is that just the overseas model? Looks like it's time to buy an ipod and car adapter.

Also I would have thought you'd be able to change music tracks from the steering wheel. It seems you can only change the volume.

gtimk5
26-09-2006, 07:49 AM
As good as the manuals are, they show a lot of things that we can't do with our mk5s. :)

eestison
26-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Also I would have thought you'd be able to change music tracks from the steering wheel. It seems you can only change the volume.

the 05 variant had better in wheel buttons. such is progress.. meh. but it's a rockin' car... congratulations on the purchase.

:)