PDA

View Full Version : Passat Campaign

OPVW
16-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Heya :-)

Hot of the press! An end of year special is about to announced for the Passat. It will be like previous campaigns Volkswagen has run. FREE on roads!
It's for the entire Passat range excluding R36 & CC variants.

The advertising will commence on radio, tv and print in the coming days. Here's your chance to get in quick while there is good stock to choose from at your local dealership.

Cheers,

Iain

rark
18-05-2008, 01:25 PM
http://www.volkswagengroupaustralia.com.au/passatdriveaway

Deal now on VW Aus website.

baron
18-05-2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.volkswagengroupaustralia.com.au/passatdriveaway

Deal now on VW Aus website.

Gday all.
Looks like a run out deal on the 103 kw model, as I was told by a Melbourne dealer that Volkswagen has stopped producing Passats with the 103 kw engine. Cheers.

drbass
18-05-2008, 08:43 PM
More likely to be the change from the PD engine to the common rail version as already implemented in Europe.

The 125 kW diesel will be switched from PD to CR later this year.

Slightly off topic, I signed up for a Tiguan test drive simply to find out what the CR diesel is like.

Seeya,
Michael

OPVW
20-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Correction to run out details

103kw and 125kw engines will still be kept in production. Both will feature CR to replace the Pumpe Duse system. Passats will also feature model names but I'm unsure what they'll be. It should be similar to Golf Edition and Pacific model naming. Other changes for MY09... new radio system and here's something new from Tiguan territory.... optional park assist!!! :)

VW Convert
20-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Correction to run out details

103kw and 125kw engines will still be kept in production. Both will feature CR to replace the Pumpe Duse system. Passats will also feature model names but I'm unsure what they'll be. It should be similar to Golf Edition and Pacific model naming. Other changes for MY09... new radio system and here's something new from Tiguan territory.... optional park assist!!! :)

So 125kw will not ultimately replace 103kw across the VW range? Have had some thoughts of getting an Eos when the Jetta lease expires and had in mind 125kw diesel if it were to become available. Any inside info on the chances of that happening?

Cheers

George

vanDub
20-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Feed back from my dealer & VW Australia:
Only excludes R36, quoted 'from' prices relate to 103Kw but 125Kw in the deal as well.
Only for private and ABN buyers (ie excludes fleet/corporate discount buyers like me :()
"If you had signed a contract for the purchase of a Passat prior to the
release of the special, the contract stands and you will not be entitled
to the special." (quote from VW Aust)(thats me out again :()
Dealer quote for my configuration:
Price $44990
Metallic $ 990
Leather $ 2990
Tow Pack $ 1600
Headlight & Bonnet protect $ 220
Sunblind $ 360
Mudflaps $ 350

Drive Away $51500

My contract price with corporate discount as above plus paying for the freebies = $48620 so while others will benefit, I'm still better off.

Neither gave out any info re phasing out of the PD 125 Kw engine in favour of CR. I suspect that the timing of introducing 103 Kw CR engines in early May plus delivery time means that there will not be any CR engines 'in stock' to be part of the deal.

Wife and I fly out Friday night to Melbourne to pick ours up but delivery looks like Monday rather than the requested Saturday morning due 'truckie' (dealer 4 hours away trucking car to Melb) issues.

OPVW
21-05-2008, 10:31 AM
So 125kw will not ultimately replace 103kw across the VW range? Have had some thoughts of getting an Eos when the Jetta lease expires and had in mind 125kw diesel if it were to become available. Any inside info on the chances of that happening?

I along with many others had suspected the 103 would be phased out but when they announced the Tiguan to have the same engine it became apparent that there is no phase out planned. Both the 103 and 125 engines suit different driving conditions and driver expectations of performance and smoothness in operation. I personally would love to see the 125 available in the Jetta and Eos but as yet no word has been made. I have the list of changes of MY09 models and there's no mention of changes to the diesel line up.