PDA

View Full Version : Beige leather on VW EOS

wolffpower
12-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Hello:

I'm considering buying a VW EOS and I could really do with some advice on choice of leather interior colours.

I have an option of black or beige interior leather. While I think the beige would look great, I'm very concerned about (a) keeping it clean and (b) re-sale value later on.

Can anyone give me some advice or tell me their experience with lighter coloured leather interiors?

Thanks very much.

Mark

t4tradie
12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I've had both colors previously ( Currently have a car with off white / light beige leather ). Black is definately the easiest color to maintain , just a quick wipe with a damp chamois and all is good. Depending on the color of the car it's more a personal choice. My car that has the light leather in it now is black and the contrast is great, however this is a weekender and gets driven very rarely and still shows signs of use. I'm extremely fussy wih my cars and i'm prepared to put up with the downsides of the light leather, but i will say one thing if have kids forget about it !!!

Cheers

wolffpower
12-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks t4tradie. That's a useful perspective.

I'm going to be using the car quite often and have also read about the seats being easily marked by jeans on other VW forums. While I think the beige is a great colour, I'm going to take the conservative approach and go for the black.

Now to deal with the 2 week wait...

Cheers

Mark