PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

zz2
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
i was stripping the crappy tail light smoke off my rear tail lights because i wasnt happy with it and i was too lazy to take the lights out whilst i was using methylated spirits on a rag to strip the tint.
the tint came off perfectly but some metho got on the paint and its made the clear coat go a bit cloudy. thankfully its not a huge amount but its still obvious on certain parts around the lights when you look at it from certain angles. i have tried washing it and putting some meguires wax on it and its still there and has made next to no difference and to make it worse my car is black!
i havnt screwed up my paintwork have i?! :(

please help!

if you need me to post pics i can.

thanks

DMS_Dan
23-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah post some pics. It shouldnt affect the paint. Did you get dealer paint protection as an option?

JVLR32
28-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Dealer paint petection haha! useless if was done no offence!:D were you in the sun when doin this?

DMS_Dan
28-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Dealer paint petection haha! useless if was done no offence!:D were you in the sun when doin this?

I totally agree and none taken! I only ask as if it did the metho may have begun to remove some of it causing it to go cloudy

JVLR32
29-05-2008, 11:00 AM
I totally agree and none taken! I only ask as if it did the metho may have begun to remove some of it causing it to go cloudy
That could be! ;) dishwashing liquid does the same,especially when done out in the sun!