PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Xcarlink

STV4SYT
06-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Has anyone used one of these???

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MP3-Xcarlink-for-VW-Passat-Golf-SEAT-GAMMA-BETA-MCD-MFD_W0QQitemZ260235337107QQihZ016QQcategoryZ50144Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like it would fulfil my needs, that being the ability to plug in a USB stick with some tunes on it and have them randomly play as i drive.

Im assuming it plugs in the multi changer control on the back of the stereo..

06-05-2008, 05:51 PM
My mate has one in his Mazda 3 (without the SD card slot) and it's fantastic, no problems. I will probably be ordering mine this week (again without SD card slot), as it does everything I need bar ID3 tags and I'm over spoiling dashboards by putting aftermarket headunits in!

RedMk2Gti
08-05-2008, 08:31 AM
My mate has one in his Mazda 3 (without the SD card slot) and it's fantastic, no problems. I will probably be ordering mine this week (again without SD card slot), as it does everything I need bar ID3 tags and I'm over spoiling dashboards by putting aftermarket headunits in!

Make sure you ask if it works for Eurovox headunit, it is generally used in Australia released Golf.

tobes
08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Holy Postage Costs Batman!!! $95

Let me know how it goes I am very interested in one of these for my Polo.

Install pics and maybe a step by step tutorial would be awesome :)

I don't ask for much

tobes

mrx
08-05-2008, 01:20 PM

It is common for our Chinese Ebaying friends to reduce the cost of the item and inflate the postage costs to avoid some of the Ebay advertising costs. ;)

STV4SYT
08-05-2008, 01:21 PM

Let me know how it goes I am very interested in one of these for my Polo.

Install pics and maybe a step by step tutorial would be awesome :)

I don't ask for much

tobes

The postage cost is only a way for the seller to dodge ebay fees.

$120 for the device is pretty reasonable.

mrx
08-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Has anyone used one of these???

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MP3-Xcarlink-for-VW-Passat-Golf-SEAT-GAMMA-BETA-MCD-MFD_W0QQitemZ260235337107QQihZ016QQcategoryZ50144Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like it would fulfil my needs, that being the ability to plug in a USB stick with some tunes on it and have them randomly play as i drive.

Im assuming it plugs in the multi changer control on the back of the stereo..

You're probably already aware, but you can also get them with Bluetooth built in too. They do the normal phone stuff, or will stream music from your phone, if you have an appropriate phone.

majimbo
26-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Hey, does anyone know if these are compatible with aftermarket decks as well or just with those that are factory fitted? Thanx