PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed, Hotchkis, or H&R for Jetta?

stephen8512
03-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I've been looking up some sway bars that are available for the mkV jetta

The H&R sway bar has a 26mm front and 24mm rear
The Hotchkis has a 27mm front and rear and is adjustable
The Neuspeed has a 25mm rear sway (not sure if there is a front sway available)

just wondering if any MKV jetta/golf owners have this on their cars and if they do, why they went for the brand they got..... im leaning more towards the hotchkis as its adjustable....

what's ur thoughts?

rennenhaus
04-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Neuspeed have both front (http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=92|JV&type=2&ltype=ns_euro&p_id=1984) and rear (http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=92|JV&type=2&ltype=ns_euro&p_id=1939) available for the MKV Jetta

both are 25mm, 3-position adjustable

:D

Mischa
04-05-2008, 05:57 PM
h&r have 28mm for the front and 26 for the rear i think. im gonna get them as they're the biggest and most monstrous :D

Pullstarter
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
I have Neuspeeds front and rear on my MK3 and highly recommend them, very happy with them. :D

mtm tcca
06-05-2008, 07:02 PM
H&R's have two different options of sway bars for Jetta Type 1KM

# 33258-1... 26mm front and 22mm rear - adjustable on two positions front and rear

# 33258-2... 28mm front and 24mm rear - adjustable on two positions front and rear

Neuspeed are also adjustable only on two positions, we fitted a set to a GTi last friday. Nice product, good quality finish.

Hope this helps with your choice. All are very similar in design so it really comes down to personal choice, and for sure price. In any case they are a worthy mod. I had #33258-2 on my MK5 TDi and have to say, incredible improvement.

BL33SU
06-05-2008, 07:05 PM
is hotchiks the brand?

mtm tcca
06-05-2008, 07:12 PM
very quick, and very clever, :D... but in his question its spelled as Hotchkis.. I'd go for the Hotchiks

rennenhaus
06-05-2008, 08:49 PM
3-position adjustable as explained by Neuspeed

position 1
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/dub_boi_oi_oi/25_02_25_3soft.jpg

position 2
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/dub_boi_oi_oi/25_02_25_3medium.jpg

position 3
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/dub_boi_oi_oi/25_02_25_3hard.jpg

:D

Can't forget about the Eibach set as well (26mm front / 23mm rear)

Mischa
06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
are they all solid mild steel?

rennenhaus
06-05-2008, 09:01 PM
neuspeed - tubular, mandrel bent, aerospace-quality steel, machined ends, polyurethane bushings

eibach -cold-formed, high-strength aircraft-grade steel

(pulled from web pages)

mtm tcca
06-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Point taken Dub boi, and it kinda makes sence. The GTi I fitted them to comes for adjustment tomorow, so I'll reposition the links, see what he thinks.

Mischa, good question, solid they are, but what are they made of. I will check with H&R and let you know. I know they use SiCr54 (SciliconChromium) for the springs, but I never bothered to ask about the Sways. Will let you know

Mischa
06-05-2008, 09:17 PM
neuspeed - tubular, mandrel bent, aerospace-quality steel, machined ends, polyurethane bushings

eibach -cold-formed, high-strength aircraft-grade steel

(pulled from web pages)

they like dropping impressive sounding names it sounds like :P

Mischa, good question, solid they are, but what are they made of. I will check with H&R and let you know. I know they use SiCr54 (SciliconChromium) for the springs, but I never bothered to ask about the Sways. Will let you know

id appreciate it :)

if its all the same material (which id bet it is) then may as well just go for the fattest ones hehe.

DUB 20V
06-05-2008, 10:25 PM
just make a 3mm one with a coathanger lol:D use the space ship quality

moguzhan
08-05-2008, 02:52 AM
how'd you go with the sway bars?

its been known that the front sway bar is a real bitch to fit on the mkv.

i was looking at a rear sway myself but the thought of taking a bend and the rear giving way on a sharp turn and slamming straight into a concrete barrier on the hwy.....hmm :?

mtm tcca
08-05-2008, 07:07 PM
It isn't that difficult to fit the front or the rear sway on MK5... It is important to do it on the hoist. Front sub frame has to be lowered a bit, at the same time supported with jack. Front comes out in no time. After the New sway is in place it is critical to line up the subframe, and fit it in exact same position, otherwise, it will be near imposible to get the wheel alignement done correctly.

Rear sway is even easier to do. 4 torx bolts in and out.

Wheel alignement comes next, and than road test

And to answer Mischas question. Not sure what material other manufacturers use, H&R swaybars are produced by using a proprietary alloy that is stronger and more resilient than the original stabilizer bars. At the same time H&R use exclusive composite bushings which eliminate squeeks and according to H&R, never need lubrication

Been DUBBED
08-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Neuspeed are good quality fitted them up to Golf GTI the other day easy to install no hassels. H&R also another good product i fit them all the time being a mech myself.