PDA

View Full Version : Creaks in 2007 Passat Dashboard

3Putt
02-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Has anyone else got this annoying problem.

I know the VW rattles and so forth are well documented, but has anyone else got the one in the plastic (dam you VW!) strip on the dash console?

It is very interesting indeed to note that the 2008 Passat has this piece completely new - new finish/ new material.

Hmmmm...

Whats the chances of a retro-fit from VW Australia? 2 chances right?!?

OilBurna
02-05-2008, 12:47 PM
ouch 3putt can you take a photo, i'd be seeking a replacement...

3Putt
02-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Not cracks mate, CREAKS!

Squeaks, crunches, call them what you will. But whenever i go over a slight bump, or even take off from the lights, the twisting in the chassis is enough to bring on all sorts of moans and groans from my dash and console.

I do have the 18"s, with the slightly lower/ stiffer suspension, so the problem is somewhat more profound in my car, I would guess. But that is still no excuse for VW. 18"s are a factory option, after all.

I'm devising a strategy right now to go forward with to VW Australia. I thought i might test the waters with you guys first.

3Putt
02-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I must add, at this point - WHAT A GREAT CAR THE PASSAT IS!

Been fangin round Eastern Subs of Sydney all day, and I can't get the grin off my face - DSG IS AWESOME!

Its just these little niggly things that annoy me - they simply should not be there in a $60K luxury car... DOH!