PDA

View Full Version : Low interest rate financing

rathalian
29-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Looking for a low interest rate car loan - not refinancing the house :)

Any ideas ?

balkanac
29-04-2008, 04:52 PM
i got my car loan from RAC, i got 9.2% interest. I think you have to be a member thou

gareth_oau
29-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Looking for a low interest rate car loan - not refinancing the house :)

Any ideas ?

Why not refinance the house? set up a contnuous line of credit/drawdown facility so you can spend some equity from yr home on the car, and finance at home rates instead of personal loan rates.

Might be worthwhile looking at the exercise to see what stamp duty you pay refinancing versus saved interest on the personal loan.

also, once its set up, you can redraw anytime you like without having to re-apply or pay more stamp duty.

Other benefit - i have my pay go straight onto my mortgage, and do all my spending on credit card. get the 55 days interest free onthe credit card, then transfer funds from mortgage to CC when its due. by doing this, the credit card costs me nil interest, and i save around $80/month in interest on my mortgage.

if you need more detail let me know!!

rathalian
30-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Thanks for your posts - mortgage is not an option @ this point for a number of reasons (which I won't discuss here).

I'll keep looking - Cannex have a service to compare loans, not bad...

VWGTi
06-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks for your posts - mortgage is not an option @ this point for a number of reasons (which I won't discuss here).

I'll keep looking - Cannex have a service to compare loans, not bad...

Got my GTI on a fixed interest rate at 8.5% with Esanda

Northy
06-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Got my GTI on a fixed interest rate at 8.5% with Esanda

How long ago was that?

VWGTi
07-05-2008, 11:49 PM
How long ago was that?
That was 1 year and 3 months ago...