PDA

View Full Version : Downspec 07 TDI 103kW cars?

vlado
29-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Just wondering is anyone aware that these cars exist. Apparently they were built for corporate/fleet market.

The dealer says they are missing the following (compared to standard spec):

- auto sensing wipers
- auto sensing lights
- dual zone aircon

Thanks
vlado

OilBurna
29-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I thought it was b/c of the 125kw version, therefore the 103kw remained as the cheaper option so to speak.. I thought the only change was to 16inch rims from previous. VW Website says no difference in the specs apart from the rims and 103kw.

Wheels
Alloy wheels (Milwaukee) 16 x 7" with 215/55 R16 tyres

snodrogs
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I have heard that there WERE some de-specked Passat and Jetta's delivered by VW with smaller powered engines, and they were missing some of the fruit.

??:?

anthony
02-05-2008, 11:00 PM
I am not sure about the Passat,but Burwin VW in Furntree Gulley recently had 2 1.9 TDI Jettas,a 2006 model and a 2008,both in Silver.
They did not have the chrome around the windows on the exterior,1 had hubcaps and the other had diffirent alloys to the usual Atlanta ones,and they had TDI badges on the rear.
Jefferson Ford has a 2007 one for sale at the moment,also with the same hubcaps,etc...in White.
I did not know these cars existed...where were they built,who were they made for,etc.

vlado
03-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks Anthony,
The one I looked at was Silver too and the roof rails (it was a wagon) were black instead of chrome.

Also the dash looked a bit different, instead of silver, shiny plastic, it had something that looked like a carbon fibre imitation.

It is a bit of a mystery. I talked to VW Aust information line and they refused to confirm or deny. Also the dealer does not have a spec sheet or anything in writing about these cars.

My guess is that this is probably a budget build, maybe for sale in Germany and elsewhere, sold to fleets, taxi companies and similar.

vlado