PDA

View Full Version : Baby Seats into Passat Wagon

OilBurna
29-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi guys and gals yes another fun topic...

Has anyone has lots of fun putting a child seat (S&S Meridian) into thier wagon?? What I mean is the seat belt buckles sit very close to the seat squab itself making it very hard to get the seat belt tight after you have locked it ie pull down hard, and connect into the buckle. Obviously designed for the Euro Isofix system. On the wifes Merc the seat belt buckles are on flexible wire tongues that sit well up from the seat base and are easy to bend back and forth making it a cinch. Am I missing something or its a pain in the butt...It's a pain for us becuase quite often have to swap from car to car and these ones are not cheap, otherwise would buy another one.

guthrie
29-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Can you post a pic of where you have the problem... I have a S&S capsule no worries in my sedan.

OilBurna
29-04-2008, 03:54 PM
will try yes. once its in its fine its more the ease of use and swapping b/w cars etc, placement of the seat belt buckles very close to the seat base.

Passat78
30-04-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi, We've got a S&S Maxirider for our 6mnth old and it fits snuggly in the middle of the back seat between the buckles. It's a bit fiddly to get in and out but not too bad. The pain for me is that it is difficult to loosen the top strap that hooks on the lug behind the seat - I generally fold the seat forward a little to loosen it enought to undo the hook.

Might move it to one of the sides rather than the middle though as it tends to take up a bit of space and back seat passengers have a nasty tendancy to accidently release the child seat buckle when trying to put their buckle in...