PDA

View Full Version : park lights

richdave
26-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Today I parked the car and when I got out the LH front and rear park lights remaibed on.... NEVER seen this before and after moving car when park time expired I could not get them to stay illuminated.

I could not find the relevant page in the manual (a quick look)

Anyone know what the pre requisites are to have them remain on or off?

Also is there a way to make them the RH side? Seems an oversight on the part of the Gerries???

Steve
26-04-2008, 05:53 PM
In our Golf GTI (and I think in Dad's Q7 too) if the car is parked with an indicator "on" and the key removed, the park lights on the side the indicator was on will be activated. I'm not sure if this is the case in the Passat, but it probably is.

I hope that made sense... there has to be an easier way to describe what I want to!

richdave
26-04-2008, 06:00 PM
if the car is parked with an indicator "on" and the key removed, the park lights on the side the indicator was on will be activated. I'm not sure if this is the case in the Passat, but it probably is.

I hope that made sense... there has to be an easier way to describe what I want to!

Perfect sense and correct too... just went out in the rain to prove it...

Steve
27-04-2008, 03:18 AM
No worries :)

Vene
28-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Presumably the lights don't soak up too much power? How long would you be able to leave em on before you get a flat battery?