PDA

View Full Version : How To - Dose Pipe

BL33SU
24-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Found this write up for anyone interested :D :D ;) ..... DUB20V lol

Dose Pipe Technology 101

okay first of all, let it be known that i am 100% serious about everything i write in this thread, it is not a joke, and yes, i really am that bored to experiment with doses and dose pipes.

and secondly, forget about the intake practicality/temperature/whatever... we're not after optimal performance here, were muzzas, so we want a loud ass dose.. having said that, you have a few options...

90 Degree Bend Pipes
Decent dose, medium pitch, medium length, definition, delay...

This is what most people use, and it gives a decent dose, with a pod filter on the end, the negatives of this are that its vulnerable to bumps (and Australian roads are horrific at best) and it will also fill up with water, which may or may not get sucked through into your turbski. And water cannot be compressed.. i dunno what problems it may or may not cause, but i'd rather not find out.

Straight Pipe with mesh

This is what i use, and you have two options here...

#1 - 17cm long 2.5" pipe with mesh on the end.
This gives the classic loud as all f**k high pitched, screaming, perfectly defined dose... It's the muztek classic, as i like to call it.
Frequently heard down chapel st. Awesome.

#2 - 15cm long 3" pipe welded onto a 4cm long 2.5" pipe rolled and welded to the 3"...
This gives a dose an octave lower than the 2." straight pipe, and the advantage of this one is that the 2.5" section does not need to be clamped onto the mouth of the turbo with silicon hose and hose clamps, it just slides right on over it, and wont move. Magical.
I like this setup because i can quickly swap dose pipes over for different occasions...

The 3" one is not as dramatic and attention seeking as the 2.5" one, and I use it for day to day use. The 2.5" one i keep for cruises and special occasions.

Aluminium Gutter Piping
I have also experimented with using a piece of 3" aluminium 90 degree bend gutter piping, and with either a pod or mesh on the end, it works really well.
It gives a dose an octave lower than the 3" straight pipe, and doesnt sound like a screaming sound at all, but rather a deep, bassy, doberman-barking kind of sound... woof woof woof woof. Very intimidating, very ballsy.

Small piece of straight pipe
To further raise the pitch of the dose, you can experiment with smaller pieces of 2.5" straight pipe.
In the past, ive used 10cm, 5cm, and 3cm pieces individually, and each gives a different sound. Lovely.

Different options in air filters/mesh
alot of people find that having a pod or some kind of filter on the end of the dose pipe sacrifices the clarity and quality of the dose itself, but ive found that using this kind of filter keeps the volume and pitch intact and keeps the dose hecktick uleh.

remember the heat, kids! ive heard of people using stockings.. well theyre made of nylon, and they melt! even if you can find pure cotton ones, the henia of them is too high, and because there isnt much surface area covering the pipe, your car will run like crap, and struggle to make boost efficiently because not enough air is being sucked through.

enjoy j:

DubSteve
24-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Oh my f*cking god ray lol.

DUB 20V
24-04-2008, 10:04 AM
HAHAHA why mention me lol im not like that lol

BL33SU
24-04-2008, 10:18 AM
HAHAHA why mention me lol im not like that lol

LOL!!! ur car would be awesome to hear it dose :D garret turbo..

imagine a golf gti.. zzZZZ tutututututu j:

DubSteve
24-04-2008, 10:25 AM
LOL!!! ur car would be awesome to hear it dose :D garret turbo..

imagine a golf gti.. zzZZZ tutututututu j:

I can also imagine the car crapping itself after 20 000kms with Adrian on the side of the road holding his head in dispear j:

BL33SU
24-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I can also imagine the car crapping itself after 20 000kms with Adrian on the side of the road holding his head in dispear j:

its bull**** man lol.. it might damage the blades abit but they dont blow

all the vl turbos have like 200,000k's and their turbo still runs LOL!! and the car still do 12's 1/4 mile

DubSteve
24-04-2008, 10:38 AM
its bull**** man lol.. it might damage the blades abit but they dont blow

all the vl turbos have like 200,000k's and their turbo still runs LOL!! and the car still do 12's 1/4 mile

They also have new turbos to get that 12 sec pass!

NGOLF.U
24-04-2008, 10:39 AM
im going home now to try it....:) lol

BL33SU
24-04-2008, 10:43 AM
They also have new turbos to get that 12 sec pass!

yeh.. new turbos and they dose.. so whats the problem :???: lol

RhysQ
24-04-2008, 11:03 AM
sorry if i sound like an idiot......but what is dose?

DUBING
24-04-2008, 11:10 AM
hectik... im gonna try this on my bm!.. and going straight to lapa!j:

BL33SU
24-04-2008, 11:11 AM
;152950']sorry if i sound like an idiot......but what is dose?

Choose a dose method above and see j:

DubSteve
24-04-2008, 11:11 AM
yeh.. new turbos and they dose.. so whats the problem :???: lol

YEah brand new turbo after they blew the last one doing it.

BL33SU
24-04-2008, 11:12 AM
YEah brand new turbo after they blew the last one doing it.

not really lol heaps of dosing vl's around with stock turbos and high k's

NGOLF.U
24-04-2008, 12:21 PM
;152950']sorry if i sound like an idiot......but what is dose?

-the loud " tu tu tu tu tu" sound when you release the throttle...
-vl turbo noise...
-flutter

DUB 20V
24-04-2008, 12:47 PM
my car flutters :) i like it

BL33SU
24-04-2008, 12:54 PM
my car flutters :) i like it

remove the airfilter and extend the pipes.. it will dose - u'l then love it :D j:

SoVeReIgN
24-04-2008, 01:07 PM
rofl are you sure you're asian Ray?

Maybe you were born a lebo lol

BL33SU
24-04-2008, 01:19 PM
rofl are you sure you're asian Ray?

Maybe you were born a lebo lol

wats wrong with these mods..

i dont do them, just helpn otha dubbers out incase they are interested ;)