PDA

View Full Version : Bigger better brakes

vinderliker
23-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi all,
After getting the carbie done and the increase in power that followed, I am now looking at stopping the Little Beastie.The current brake setup, does'nt have a brake booster, and I have been told I could fit Gti front discs. Has anyone got suggestions and/or tips, costs.

James

vinderliker
24-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Hey guys, I am still waiting on a reply.

Jarred
24-04-2008, 09:38 AM
I picked up my brakes, (calipers, pads, and discs) with maybe 600Kms on them (so second hand) and paid about 300 bucks. Which is a pretty decent price, it's just bascially the price of new pads and discs. Perhaps expect to pay just a little more for some brand new ATE ones.

I *geuss* that they would just bolt on, but I'm not exactly sure. They did on my Golf, but I know squat about passat's really.

The no booster thing is interesting. depending on what you actually have there, you could customize a booster from a mk 3 golf, and pop it in (with the 22mm master cyclinder) and this'll help with feel and stopping distance.

For the brakes, maybe search online in the US for them. I'm not sure how common they are around these parts? :?