PDA

View Full Version : Off to UK for a week - what should i bring back??

DanSA
22-04-2008, 10:06 AM
At this stage im thinking a Neuspeed torque arm insert, silvervisions and metal rings for around climate control dials..

any suggestions?:?

(no , I can't fit a fully worked Oettinger engine in my bag..) :D

If I had the cash I'd get Koni FSD's and Neuspeed Pro Springs :(

EDIT: leaving tomorow morning..

mrx
22-04-2008, 11:22 AM
A bluefin unit would fit nicely in your suitcase (you should be able to claim the VAT back at the airport shouldn't you?).

DanSA
22-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Very tempting, specially at $895 :o

I think i need shocks before power tho. (did i really say that???)

mrx
22-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Probably, if you're used to the Renault. There aren't many corners or hills in WA, so I'm going power all the way, that is, after the bling. For the odd occasion when I encounter a corner, the standard suspension will do me.

The Mrs & I tagged along on a cruise on the weekend, her in the Skoda & me behind in the golf. We went to one of only a couple of roads around Perth with some twisty stuff. I was very impressed with how well it seemed to go around the corners, seemed to sit a little bit flatter than the golf?! I've also been very impressed with the Exalto's, especially in the wet. They seem to grip a lot better than the CSC2's on the golf. (Mind you, the Golf's trying to put down a few extra Nm :D)

DanSA
22-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Damm you WA spec Octy's and your Exaltos!
No fair :sad:

Yeah, coming from the go-kart the Octy is big and unweildy, but much more practical :)

gregozedobe
22-04-2008, 03:16 PM
At this stage im thinking a Neuspeed torque arm insert, silvervisions and metal rings for around climate control dials..

any suggestions?:?

Are "silvervisions" headlight globes ? If so, have you considered Osram Nightbreaker +90s or Phillips X-treme +90 s globes ? They are supposed to have significantly better road illumination than anything else (bar HIDs). If you want "whiter" light and a fair bit cheaper price go the Osrams, otherwise the X-tremes are supposedly slightly better light. But get some spares too, as all the "+" globes don't last as well as the standard jobbies.

Seeing as you bought a black one the black bling stuff (grille, body trims etc) I've been looking at (for my yellow wagon) would be pretty much a waste of money :)

mrx
06-05-2008, 05:23 PM
So Dan, are you going to enlighten us? What did you get?

DanSA
07-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Alas, to many people to see, too much time spent up and down motorways at 150kph plus..

Did see alot of nice VAG cars tho, so many nice Audis etc.. Seem to be a dime a dozen.

At least the dollar is still strong, just shipping costs..