PDA

View Full Version : cd deck with usb.

sing.song
21-04-2008, 07:59 PM
just installed two rear pioneer speakers into my backdoors and now I'm looking to replace the deck. as you all know I'm sure, golfs are tight on interior space, and cd's just take up space, then end up floating around the car.

has anyone got a deck with usb so you can attach your mp3 player? and hints etc?

cheers.

icacha
22-04-2008, 03:02 PM
alpine, eclipse, clarion, pioneer, etc, etc...

The_Hawk
22-04-2008, 03:35 PM
I just bought a Pioneer who model number I can't find on Pioneers website, but it's black, which is nice when you have a black interior. It has front USB, rear AUX in + two sets of RCA's. It plays MP3/WMA off CD's as well as the USB stick.
I bought it because it was cheap enough and was a style I liked, but in reality just an MP3 CD player is almost enough with a couple of CD-RW discs. After all at 5MB a song, that still 130 songs per CD, which at 3 minutes per song is 6 1/2 hours of music. Before I got this one I would just stick in a CD and leave it for a few months, then burn a new one.

On a side issue, there are two types of USB connections, either one on the back with a cable that you dangle somewhere (like in the glove box or ashtray) or the ones like mine that just plug into the face. The downside to the face is that there is something sticking out for you to bump, espiecaly in a VW with the indicator stalk on that side. Only a minor issue, but something worth thinking about.

Here is my unit, payed $180 at Strathfield for it.
If your interested I'll dig up the model number, PM me at let me know.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/04/IMG_0214-3.jpg

rayray086
22-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Clarion has a range of decks that have USB input on the face. I've got one of the them and their awesome :D Cost me only $250 about 2 years ago, so I reckon you can get a decent one for a good price too. Though get a USB stick that doesn't flash crazily.

hutchjnr- MTM GTi
21-07-2008, 01:21 PM
I bought a Pioneer USB deck last Dec from Hong Kong for about $450, and it is great, no complaints at all.

What you can do is hook up a small hard drive (30gb/40gb) to it, and play all your music from your computer on ur car stereo!

Now you can even buy a 32gb flash pen drive from Hong Kong on Ebay... i got one for $45 including shipping! Works fine

I love ebay!

MattyT
21-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Ebay is a seductive mistress and cannot be trusted :brutal:

I have a Clarion DXZ776USB. It's great but the USB doesnt work with my corsair 2gb stick which is annoying. But I prefer CDs anyway and for that it is superb.

hutchjnr- MTM GTi
23-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Prefer CD's?!? Are you crazy...

Just think... You can have a 32GB flash drive hooked up in the glove box and never have to worry about changinf or storing CD's!!

And dont talk about my girlfriend like that... EBAY is beautiful!! Especially with the exchange rate!

Golf Houso
23-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Ebay is a seductive mistress and cannot be trusted :brutal:

I have a Clarion DXZ776USB. It's great but the USB doesnt work with my corsair 2gb stick which is annoying. But I prefer CDs anyway and for that it is superb.

X2 , CD's have a massively higher bit rate than ripped files...

hutchjnr- MTM GTi
23-07-2008, 04:19 PM
X2 , CD's have a massively higher bit rate than ripped files...

So you boys still carry around discmans do you rather then an ipod or MP3 player?!

:biggrin: