PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Windscreen installer

RedMk2Gti
21-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Well, first.. saying is always easier then doing j:
There are many internet messages to tell us how to install fixed glass in Mk1 golf (or Beetle, E30 BMW etc.. cos they are similar design), and all of them say it only take 10 minutes to install one glass. My son and I told 2 hours last night and still couldn't put back one rear quarter panel window, so I'm thinking of get it professionally done by windscreen installer.
Do you guy know any recommended windscreen installer in Sydney ? they must be experience in installing old car windows, not taking short cut to cut my expensive new window seals and glue them in :o

Jarred
21-04-2008, 12:40 PM
I put my rear quaters in myself, I didn't find it too difficult at all.

I'm geussing you put some thick chord (not string) around the inner lip and pushing gently on the out side of the window. then you just pull out the chord gently and the inner lip of the seal, seals with the edge window frame. a bit of lube doesn't go astray either (I used WD40, but hand soap will work even)

This is the same method that the window guy used to install my new windscreen. Maybe there is just someone in sydney that can give you a hand, it's not too hard once you've done it once or twice.

I'm geussing the window and the seal it self are correct and fit properly. just in case, you never know.

mtm tcca
22-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Call me in the morning, I can give you phone number for the guy we use for our windscreen installs. You can call him direct. He does a good job and he is reasonable with pricing. My number 02 9436 3666, or send me pm