PDA

View Full Version : Respray in Melbourne

OEM G60
13-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Bonjour

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with a Sprayer in Melbourne??

I'm looking for someone to spray my car in the not too distant future, and i want an A1 job. Would be good if it was in the Eastern suburbs as i live and work here.....

Cheers

hgonops
13-04-2008, 07:51 PM
This place may be perfect for you!

Navarone Panels
741 Clayton Road
SOUTH CLAYTON
03 9551 2677

They repair all cars. Just recently they did a 360 modena.

blutopless2
13-04-2008, 07:53 PM
highly recommend Volkswagen Performance Centre
Lusher Road Croydon.

They did the panel repairs and respray of our 74 beetle.

Jarred
13-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Grab yourself a streetmachine magazine. One of the biggest modified car mags in Oz probably, they always have show quality cars featured, and pretty much they always plug thier painter, so yea.

Or if you want you can borrow my modest collection and search through yourself ;)

OEM G60
13-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Cheers for that, will go check them out.

Matt

OEM G60
13-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Grab yourself a streetmachine magazine. One of the biggest modified car mags in Oz probably, they always have show quality cars featured, and pretty much they always plug thier painter, so yea.

Or if you want you can borrow my modest collection and search through yourself ;)

That sounds like a plan to sir, cheers

I like your sig !!

mk3pete
13-04-2008, 08:25 PM
hey im getting my car done soon from these guys sheppards bodyworks in diamond creek thet did my commodore bak in the day an did an awsome job:)

Jarred
13-04-2008, 08:40 PM
yea good sig innit? PM if you wanna borrow some mags, i don't read them much anymores. well i havn't recently anyways.

Water Boy
14-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Oven Bake Enamel Service
34 Molan Street Ringwood
9870 0520

OEM G60
14-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Cheers dude, just googled them and they look like they would be worth a visit too...

Ta

sing.song
14-04-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm curious as to what the price range for a re-spray happens to be?

Jarred
14-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm curious as to what the price range for a re-spray happens to be?

depends mate; how long is a piece of string?

I had a mate who got a car resprayed for $500 bucks. they just masked up the body trims/bumpers/windows etc and did a real quick blow over. the end result - absolute shizen! I don't think they did any prep or even buffed it back after they sprayed it. My mate consequently wrapped that car around a tree. well. he was drunk. tsk tsk. although it was a VL commy, so no real loss there.

at DOVW last yea, I met a mate of a mate who had a real nice job done on his beetle. about $50 grands worth of niceness actually. Although I have a feeling that included alot of body work as well.

For what carpoid is looking for; I wouldn't be surprised if it was over 5K. Unfortunately, the auto painting trade just happens to be one of the biggest rips in the auto world. sure there are some good guys out there and etc etc, but really. Man hours cost alot of money these days, and alot of painting is prep which of course means man hours!

long and short. have 5K saved up atleast for a pretty nice job. 7-10K and you're starting to talk about feature (ie cover) car status. all depends, but that's a rough guide, IMO.

evorobin
15-04-2008, 09:07 AM
To just have the exterior done I'd say 2.5K going on quotes for the mk2.

Might get around to it once the mk1 is running...

Tim
15-04-2008, 09:27 AM
it depends on what prep you can do yourself.
I saved a bit of money with my respray by removing all the external trims and everything myself on my car. Theyre quite fiddly and time consuming to do. Saves some apprentice from destroying them all too.

sukebe
02-05-2008, 10:28 PM
How much should I expect to pay to have a Bora Sport rear spoiler sprayed from silver to black?

Jarred
02-05-2008, 10:33 PM
How much should I expect to pay to have a Bora Sport rear spoiler sprayed from silver to black?

at a geuss 200 or less.

pick a few places out of the yellow pages, and do the ring around. thats the best way, since none of us are actually spray painters! :)

but yea, I htink some guys on here payed about 400 for colour coded front and rear aprons, so it should be 200 (or less) since it's quite a small job

OilBurna
05-05-2008, 09:33 AM
only guys I would trust you could eat of the workshop floor prob won't be cheap though.

http://www.charliebattisti.com.au/