PDA

View Full Version : Drive as much as you like and Eat Fruit & Veg

OvaltoJetta
13-04-2008, 12:32 AM
An article appeared in our local paper this week and I just had to take writers priviledge and repeat it here.

Fruit & Veg The Way to Go

On Saturday March 29th, about 58 percent of adults in Australian capital cities participated in Earth Hour, switching off their lights and other household appliances in support of the global warming. This was a phenomenal effort.
However, there is something everyone can do in their daily lives that will reduce their impact on the Earth to a much greater extent - go vegetarian.
The president of the International Change, Panel on Climate Change, himself a vegetarian, recently asked that everyone consider at least decreasing theri meat consumption.
This is because a 2006 study showed that globally, the raising and sluaghter of animals for food contributed to more greenhouse gases to our atmosphere than all the cars, trucks and other vehicles in the world combined.
Making a difference to the future of out planet is as simple as bypassing the meat secion of the supermarket and heading for the fruit and vegetable aisles instead.

I'm going for a drive j:

DaveMack
13-04-2008, 12:35 AM
It's a good thing I'm not a Catholic family man ... those drives taking the kids to Maccas would be heaping so much guilt on me by now. :o

Dave

cetane
14-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Yeah.. And if we could bottle the f**ts that we produce by eating more veggies, we could run our cars on that! :rolleyes: