PDA

View Full Version : km's on any brand new vehicles

RWK
11-04-2008, 03:34 PM
How many km's were on the clock when you guys picked up your BRAND NEW Passat??

When i picked up my corolla sportivo in 2005, it had like 101 km on the clock and the dealer explained that they gotta drive here and there to get the stuffs done this sort of bullshxt.

Same thing when I picked up my MPS6 2 years ago, bought it brand new but had 98km on the clock.

So I am just wondering how many km's did your dealer put on when you picked up your baby? Anywhere between 0-30km is acceptable but definitely not like 90-100km...What do you guys reckon?

Cheers!!

gareth_oau
11-04-2008, 04:01 PM
last new car I took delivery of, had a total of 3kms on the clock. Yrs does seema bit excessive.

did you also check that there was any rubber left on the tyres?j:

R36 Dreamer
11-04-2008, 04:03 PM

When i picked up my corolla sportivo in 2005, it had like 101 km on the clock and the dealer explained that they gotta drive here and there to get the stuffs done this sort of bullshxt.

Same thing when I picked up my MPS6 2 years ago, bought it brand new but had 98km on the clock.

So I am just wondering how many km's did your dealer put on when you picked up your baby? Anywhere between 0-30km is acceptable but definitely not like 90-100km...What do you guys reckon?

Cheers!!

RWK - My GTI had 13kms on it when I picked it up and I thought that was a little high!!

100 kms seems excessive to me, will be interesting to see what others have to say.

One cool thing about Ferraris, is they have one "reset" function which allows the dealer to deliver a car with zero kms. Must be tamper proof, and not sure how it works, but a relative of mine went to pick one up and when he saw 0 on the speedo, that was the story he got.

Tim
11-04-2008, 04:04 PM
depends.
If youre getting a tint or they find an issue during the pre delivery check during the test drive then I dont see why a couple of kms really makes a difference? so long as they arent using your car as a demo.

VWs also have a reset function too. But there are limitations on it. And only once or something

bailey78
11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Had 13 k's on the R32 when I took deliver a few months ago. Sounds like your previous cars were taken on a few demo runs!

BL33SU
11-04-2008, 04:48 PM
definatly been on demo runs.. thrashed byfew j:

Northy
11-04-2008, 05:26 PM
My last car had 2km on the clock at delivery...

RWK
11-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks for input guys, I will pay attention this time when taking delivery. I will refuse to take the car if more than 10kms :) and get the dealer to look at this thread :P

Tim
11-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for input guys, I will pay attention this time when taking delivery. I will refuse to take the car if more than 10kms :) and get the dealer to look at this thread :P

be prepared to be upset with a demand like that i reckon

Lance B
12-04-2008, 12:09 PM

Cheers!!

I would say that is has been demo'd by someone. :(

Mine had about 6kms on it.

WestOiler125
13-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Just received my 125kW TDI with 19kms on it. Mind you it was transported to country WA and then back to Perth, as that dealer did the best deal!
A local Toyota distributor "drives" all their cars from Fremantle Port to their depot in Kewdale (I think) which is at least 20kms. I would be surprised if any new Toyotas would have anything under 50km on them.:smile:

drbass
13-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Congrats and welcome, WestOiler125.

If I remember correctly my tractor came with somewhere between 10 and 15 km (and an almost full tank of diesel) - happy with that.

Seeya,
Michael

The_Hawk
13-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Two points.

1. They can reset the km's under 100 a number of times (depending on who you talk to it's a small number or unlimited times).

2. The engine has been run in the factory anyway, so has done lots of 'Km' before you get it.