PDA

View Full Version : Service Campaign 10C8

Sunshineviking
10-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Guys

I may be a little behind the times on this, but has anyone else had this from VWA? I got mine secondhand from VWA via the dealer I bought from..

It mentions a Crankcase hose getting deformed in high temps.

I recently was in the dealer getting another key coded and they didn't mention it (which isn't suprising as they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot). :mad:

VW_SERVICE_MGR
10-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi Sunshineviking,

Contact your dealer with the VIN number handy and ask to check for outstanding recalls.

They can check if your vehicle requires any work. It may have been done before you took ownership or may not.

This recall affects 6500 vehicles which are here and overseas.

Cheers

Flipper Dog
10-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Hello VW SERVICE MGR,
are you able to shed any light on 39C6 for me, I have been trying to have this "seen to" since mid Feb this year. Not having much luck with dealers knowing what is required.

VW_SERVICE_MGR
11-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Hi Flipper Dog,

Some vehicles may have been fitted with un-hardend diff gears.

The vehicle needs to be taken to a dealer for inspection, if the numbers match on the diff and swarf found in the oil then the diff is replaced.

Cheers

Sunshineviking
11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi Sunshineviking,

Contact your dealer with the VIN number handy and ask to check for outstanding recalls.

They can check if your vehicle requires any work. It may have been done before you took ownership or may not.

This recall affects 6500 vehicles which are here and overseas.

Cheers

THanks for that....:rolleyes: