PDA

View Full Version : T5 Facelift (and new engines)

gregozedobe
09-04-2008, 11:50 PM
If anyone is interested, this appears to be legit. I like the idea of a T5 with a TDI motor putting out 181Kw/510Nm :), but not sure about the looks (need to see it in the metal).

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25513&PN=1&TPN=1

phaeton
10-04-2008, 06:47 AM
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/292/t5newcv4.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/vwphaetonfan/2009Multivan1.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/vwphaetonfan/2009Multivan2.jpg

Not a fan of the design :(

EDIT engines and new specs sound cool :cool:

phaeton
10-04-2008, 09:13 PM
New Engines

Petrol
TFSI 4 cylinder - 121kW /165ps - 280Nm.

Diesel
Common Rail Diesels range from 58kW/80ps to a new 181 kW/246ps 6 cylinder engine that is only for the top of the line Multivan and California's.

The engine bay for the 6 cylinder diesel will be extended for this engine.

nick1234
10-04-2008, 09:54 PM
yeah mate,

don't like the design either plus the bumpers shouldn't be in body colour as it is a transporter and these get scratched all the bloody time.

Bloody fashion ;)

phaeton
11-04-2008, 09:49 PM
This is the passenger version Nick ;)

and quite possible the extended nose version too so the small nose maybe better ?????

Also the commercial versions will have a more simple design according to one source.

Tornado T5
12-04-2008, 09:39 PM
This is the passenger version Nick ;)

and quite possible the extended nose version too so the small nose maybe better ?????

Also the commercial versions will have a more simple design according to one source.I hope simple translates into better looking....until seen in the flesh a little hard to comment however the simple, neat lines of my T5 look so much more appealing atm.

Transporter
13-04-2008, 08:34 AM
I hope simple translates into better looking....until seen in the flesh a little hard to comment however the simple, neat lines of my T5 look so much more appealing atm.

I personally like a new look with longer bonnet, which means possibly better access to the engine components.
A new look will always grow on you, as you will see it more often on the road.
With V6 TDi engine and I hope with 4motion this think should fly.

jets
13-04-2008, 09:37 AM
A new look will always grow on you, as you will see it more often on the road.

I cannot agree on this point. I still dislike the styling on the crafter, not that I have seen many on the road. Does anyone like the styling on the Ssangyon range [ from the froot-loop rocket factory, as one motoring writer described it] That hasn't grow on me & I don't think it ever will. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to me it looks like the Crafter & facelift T5 has an Asian influence which I dislike.

Tornado T5
13-04-2008, 06:38 PM
I should add that rarely does a low level photo, or upward angled shot, of any car do it justice, case in point the FG Falcon factory photos compared to media press photos....the factory stuff was bad. If 4motion auto came out with V6 I would definately "run the numbers". The T5 A6 has spoilt me...

Tornado T5
13-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I cannot agree on this point. I still dislike the styling on the crafter, not that I have seen many on the road. Does anyone like the styling on the Ssangyon range [ from the froot-loop rocket factory, as one motoring writer described it] That hasn't grow on me & I don't think it ever will. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to me it looks like the Crafter & facelift T5 has an Asian influence which I dislike.
I think it's the vertical headlight design of the Crafter, gives the vehicle a narrow/squashed look that the current T5 with it's horizontal h/lights doesn't suffer. These updated T5 shots still retain a closer link to the current T5's headlight design..luckily.

Transporter
13-04-2008, 09:12 PM

I'm sure that many people will like that style. And even ugly car like SSangyon has it's admires it doesn't matter you don't like it.

Seano
15-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I have seen this 'release' noted on the Vortex that this entire effort was an April Fools joke by a German forum participant.....might be worth checking out before anyone gets too carried away.

phaeton
15-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Linkyyyyy ?

phaeton
15-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Found the original picture of the VWCV Board

Whoooooooooohoooooooooooo its a CGI

I knew VWCV would never create something so hideous :D

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/vwphaetonfan/joke.jpg

gregozedobe
15-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I knew VWCV would never create something so hideous :D

That's a courageous statement for something that has yet to happen ! Time will tell whether your faith is misplaced, won't it ? :)

phaeton
16-04-2008, 07:24 PM
That's a courageous statement for something that has yet to happen ! Time will tell whether your faith is misplaced, won't it ? :)

Sure will j:

Hopefully I won't have to eat my words.

Tornado T5
21-04-2008, 08:50 PM
IIRC I thought I read on the What Van website that they expected a T5 update as mentioned in an interview with VW UK comm. vehicle head.

http://www.whatvan.co.uk/features.asp?id=4973 interview was made in Feb 2007 and so I would have expected something by now or maybe MY09 change over.

What's happening with Transporter? When will we see a new one?
Not for another three years, but there will be a facelift before then. In the meantime we've just introduced a passenger-carrying Kombi version of the Transporter Sportline. We sold around 230 Sportline vans last year — deliveries started to come through in September/October — and each one carried around £1,000 worth of accessories. A lot of Transporter buyers — Caddy buyers too for that matter — want bespoke vehicles and are specifying optional extras such as air conditioning and satellite navigation.