PDA

View Full Version : V6 Wagon ordered

RF 4MOTION
09-04-2008, 02:27 PM
I have just ordered a V6 4Motion wagon, silver with sunroof and RNS510, delivery is set for early / mid May. I will be interested in how the RNS performs given all the comments / issues / problems people have had so far. Is there anything I should know?

I will be fitting lowering springs (can anyone recommend, approx 30mm drop) and 19" rims immediately (still deciding between a few) and getting it extra dark tinted.

The car will undergo a major sound system overhaul, including a Rockford 3Sixty.2 processor, Rockford Power series amplifiers and subwoofers and German MB Quart QSF speakers. The system will be incorporated into factory positions with subs mounted in the rear side pocket areas and the amps under the rear floor, all up around $10000 worth of gear.

I will post pics as I go through the process.

Cant wait.

Vene
09-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Gratz on the order..........the sound system sounds awesome. Should totally rock compared to the standard. The only disappointing aspect of the RNS is the lack of factory bluetooth phone integration. Its available in EU but not here.

Curious why you decided to go with the RNS if you're overhauling your sound system anyway. I'd have gone with the Pioneer double din set up and option it with bluetooth, DVD, TV and GPS. I think the cost is about the same...

RWK
09-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Deliver in early/mid May???? Your car must have been shipped in Aus already. Otherwise the wait would be 4-5 months. I ordered my TDI125 in Mid Feb and delivery will be in end May / early June. R36 even longer (6 months +). You're lucky :)

Vene is right, why would you have optioned the RNS510 if you are planning to go for the after market system. You would have to pull out the RNS unit in order to do it. I don't get it mate.

RF 4MOTION
09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the RNS, I would rather go for the factory integrated unit to retain things like steering wheel controls and stock look, + the nav and DVD are great options (it is possible to make the DVD work on the go). For sound quality purposes the only thing the factory unit lacks is RCA and voltage, the 3Sixty.2 takes the speaker level unput and turns it into 7 volt - 6 channel RCA out with time alignment, fully adjustable x-over and 31 bands of EQ per channel and can all be controlled via PDA, SMARTPHONE or laptop with Bluetooth capability - problem solved.

RF 4MOTION
09-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Sorry, I forgot to answer..... I ordered the vehicle last Friday and the delivery date is 10th May, the car is available in 2 weeks but the RNS is to be fitted here the first week of May. I think it has something to do with a software upgrade to Aussie specs due then.

Again, regarding the RNS, I work for AZ Trading, the Aust distributor for Rockford Fosgate - the maker of the 3Sixty. I would like to show the item at its best.

RWK
09-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Bear in mind that you MIGHT not get the MFD to work with your RNS if your unit is not factory fitted (Sounds like your dealer is installing the unit for you not factory). That's what I heard from other forums but not 100% sure this is true. You might want to confirm with your dealer.

For the factory fitted one, you would get the MFD to display the Nav info as well. Such as "Turn Left, Turn Right, Street name etc" <- I don't really know what exactly it is as I still havent got my car yet. But not gonna hurt ya if you can double check with them to make sure. Correct me if I am wrong.

RF 4MOTION
10-04-2008, 09:53 AM
This is what the salesman has told me re delivery. He said you can take the vehicle in 2 weeks but the RNS is not available until the first week of May ( I find this a strange comment when people have had the RNS in cars for a few months now), which meant going back to have it fitted, perhaps? I told him I dont want the car delivered until it is all available, I dont understand it but the RNS had better work as per the brochure, which includes MFD, rear camera with obstacle detection and guidance etc. I wont take the vehicle until it does.

guthrie
10-04-2008, 11:24 AM
I will be fitting lowering springs (can anyone recommend, approx 30mm drop) and 19" rims immediately (still deciding between a few) and getting it extra dark tinted.

Are you sure you want 19"s and lowering?? Ive got the factory 18"s with the sport suspension. It pretty damn firm. I drove a 3series with 18" run flats and the Passat is only a little more compliant.

If the dealer has one, try a Passat with 18"s...

RF 4MOTION
10-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I currently drive a 2005 C Class Merc with Eiback pro-kit and 19" rims, all works fine but I do tend to watch where I drive and tyre wear is a bit brutal. I may look at 18's for that reason. I was thinking of Audi R8 replica's or some of the VW models, you can also get 19" replica's of the R36 wheel. I will wait until I get the car and try them out.