PDA

View Full Version : Passat Wagon 125KW TDI Arrived!

Pete57
08-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Well as a regular reader of the forum and very occasional contributor I thought I would give you a quick look at the Passat we picked up on Friday, after ordering in early Jan.

http://www.solid-rock.com.au/images/passat_front.jpg

http://www.solid-rock.com.au/images/passat_side.jpg

http://www.solid-rock.com.au/images/passat_rear.jpg

125kw TDI with Mocha paint, 18 inch Chicagos, memory seats, auto tailgate, cloth interior.

General comments:
18's is a nice ride and look good, maybe a little bumpier but my wife is not complaining

normal clattery diesel, but goes well, need to put some klms on it before getting into it, does drive a lot of different to normal petrol engine due to DSG box and turbo diesel - hesitation at take off etc, but get use to it

memory seats gives you ability to program keys to not also do display/radio settings, but also change seat/mirrors to your position when you use your key. Great feature! Sales guy told me when I asked it couldn't do it!

Auto tailgate function great, but would like to do something to protect rear bumber when loading gear in/out - maybe rubber liner for cargo area with flip over to bumper to protect?

Love the fact 1st service at 15000klms or 1st year

Velour trim is really good - seats are great. Wasn't really taken with the pin hole leather, seats not comfy. And the 18 month old passat wagon at the dealership for sale with leather was already worn on the seats!

So 1st impressions alll good, hope the quality over time is good, maybe another update when some more klms.

GoLfMan
09-04-2008, 06:19 AM
love how it looks mate, those 18's look great from the factory!

hope it all goes well with out any of those new car niggles ;) enjoy!

phaeton
09-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Looks nice the Mocha is a very individual colour from the pictures I see.

I first thought it was black with a tinge of maroon from the photos on particular angles until I read your post.

Well done with the colour choice and engine owning a TDI :D

guthrie
09-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Nice car. Ive got the 103kW tdi with the 18's (sedan).

Let me know how you go when the weather turns wet. I find that with mine that unless you are careful with the throttle, I get a lot of wheelspin out of roundabouts and off the lights.

Also with the hesitation, Im not sure whether it is due to the DSG slipping or the diesel??

Brewtus
18-04-2008, 09:59 PM
My 103kw tdi wagon spins if you feed the throttle to much. Part of it is with the turbo delay, you keep pushing down until the turbo kicks in and then BANG! It took me two or three weeks to get used to it and feed the right amount. Even now I get caught on small rises in the wet.

JP_Aircooled_TDi
19-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Very nice!

The missus is warming up to the idea that we should buy one as well, although she is keen on the 'blue one' (read R36 :D - until she saw the price :rolleyes:)

I saw a brand new 125kW Passat wagon in Pete's shop (in Canberra) the other day - he had flashed it with an oettinger (?spelling?) programme - and it hadn't even got the stickers and muck off it yet. Very cool.

I will be trying to convince the missus that this is the way to go when we get around to ordering one :cool:

mr_walker
19-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Very nice - looks smart with that colour + wheel combo.

I agree that driving the diesel takes a bit of getting used to. I have to drive up a huge hill on the highway near my place - our 1.3l Charade buzzbox has to rev to near redline just to make it, but the TDI cruises up there at 1800rpm without even blinking. I'm still impressed by what the 103kw TDI can do - can't imagine it in 125kw :D

Walker

Lance B
20-04-2008, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=guthrie;147249]Nice car. Ive got the 103kW tdi with the 18's (sedan).

Let me know how you go when the weather turns wet. I find that with mine that unless you are careful with the throttle, I get a lot of wheelspin out of roundabouts and off the lights.
QUOTE]

One of the reasons I went with the V6 4 Motion. I like the idea of the diesel as they go great and are very economical, but the wheelspin minor issue put me off. Not a big deal, just that I would rather not have to put up with it.

Lance B
20-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Lookin' good! :D