PDA

View Full Version : Fast Fill

harks11
07-04-2008, 07:30 PM
After a quick dash from Queensland to Victoria and back in the new TD6. What can one say. Not much really, just a sly smile and no sore back. 10 litres a hundred and I am sure that will improve when the motor loosens up.

One small annoyance was the slow fill tank. I tried to push it a bit to see if the tank gauge was accurate by making sure I ran it down. With about 12 litres in the tank I pulled in to a Caltex (fuel card) only to find they only had fast fill nozzles. With the Pajero this would have been no problem, a couple on minutes and we are away. With the treg a slunk (I am sure that is a word) back onto the highway to slow fill with still plenty left.

However, with a hundred litre tank this should be a FF. Has anyone done a mod to fix this little niggle

Golf Loon
07-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Where is the restrictor? On a T4 TDI I can use fast fill. Maybe changing the fuel neck for a petrol one, or a wider one could be the GO.

harks11
08-04-2008, 05:58 PM
The restriction is right at the filler. I will have a look at what it would take to change it

Moonan
09-04-2008, 01:47 AM
The restriction is right at the filler. I will have a look at what it would take to change it
This has been looked at before on CT by Oz treggers, and we never found a solution. You can carefully use a fast-fill if you hold it right, but we need MatthewT to demo... The neck moulding is integral to the fitting that goes right to the tank IIRC and it is not just a restriction. Probably done for markets where there is a tax difference between "truck" diesel and "car" diesel.
If you find a solution let us know...