PDA

View Full Version : T4 Multivan

rob64981
06-04-2008, 05:29 AM
As i have said on here a few time i am trying to come and live in OZ.

I have been looking at the T4 and T5 vans and have a couple of questions,

Do you guys sleep in the vans you have?

In the UK there is a T4 Multivan and it allows you to fold down the rear seats to make a bed.

This the rear seat.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/04/multiseat-2.jpg

This is the bed.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/04/multibed-2.jpg

There are lots of people in the UK who have been buying the rear seats from Germany and putting them into there caravelle.(not many have the rear facing seats)

There are about 20 vans that i know of.

One of the reasons for this is that the right hand drive multivan is a rare item!

Thanks for any help you can give me Rob.

BrianJ
06-04-2008, 07:37 AM
I have a T5 kombi beach that me and my wife sleep in while travelling. There are not as many T5s in oz as yet, so I don't think many people here would have converted multivans.

Brian

Golf Loon
06-04-2008, 12:15 PM
You can buy early T4s cheap and put a bedin the back.
Most Caravelles do not have that feature and are still 10k or so.
T5s are still too new and not plentifull enought in camper guise.

jets
06-04-2008, 10:47 PM
My T4 camper has a rear seat very similar to your picture, made by VW. It's uncomfortable to sleep on without some form of mattress on top unless you are young & very tired. They are very expensive over here so bring one with you. IIRC I think they were around $3500 some years back.

WEDEL.1
07-04-2008, 12:18 AM
T4 Multivans were not sold in Australia.

We had our T4 Transporter fitted with a 3 seater/bed (and rearward facing Club seat) by TRAKKA in Sydney. They obtained their supplies from VW Germany.

Whether they have access to anymore is anyone's guess.

Maris

rob64981
07-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Is there a market for them out there?

I could put a few in the box with all the other junk i will be sending over.

It could be a way of saving on the shipping costs from Germany to OZ.

Do you think i could sell them?

What other stuff could i bring with me.....

If this works well i might not have room for my stuff:)

Please let me know what sort of stuff you can not get out there but would be interested in buying.

Does anyone know of any rules that may stop me bringing things into the country?

Thanks...

Hope to be there within 12 months.....

Rob

Golf Loon
07-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Rob
Any personal effects you have owned for 12 months or more ;) you can bring as a shipment of personal effects.
A few car parts stuffed in with your worldly belongings is ok, commercial quantities of car parts is cahrged at a different rate and you need more paperwork.

shogun2
08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Rob,
I have a T5 Multivan, 2005, and it has the rear sleeper seat as standard. I haven't yet had the need to use it, but it's there at least.
Rod

majimbo
24-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Where bouts in Aus will you be staying? How much are leather seats going for over there? would be interested in a set of those for a Caravelle T4, also any accessories for T4's, not too many over here, catering more for the Golfs and jettas.