PDA

View Full Version : Spares availability

m0rk
06-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi Guys,
I'm a n00b to your forum, but not a n00b to SEAT's (I've got numbers 5 & 6 at the moment)

My wife and I are currently looking to emigrate to Aus, and I'm seriously tempted to bring over my Cordie. It's not worth anything, but it's been almost totally rebuilt over the past year inc engine swap to an ABF. The cost is fairly small to ship a car over, and compared with domestic car prices (is Autotrader any good?) I can easily afford it, including the import duties etc.

What I'm worried about is that once I get it there, I can no longer get any spares for my toy. Obviously many of the bits are Mk2 & Mk3 golf - which is no big deal over here - but what's it like for you guys?

Thanks in advance!
Mark

DaveMack
06-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Bring it, Mark. And welcome to the forum. :)

Dave

m0rk
06-04-2008, 01:35 AM
Thanks!

For a money can't buy car, £750 / AUS$1200 it seems pretty good (compared to what you can buy for the same cash over with you.

Cupra
06-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Bring them both Mark!

The general parts are hard to find from vw but the after market support is strong. I just recently changed the timing belt on my cupra & vw at Penrith here in Sydney had trouble finding all the bits I wanted but my local auto accessory shops had no problem finding after market parts for me. All of this was before I found this forum which has got the greatest bunch of helpful water cooled fans on earth! People like Golf Loon from Camden gti seem to be able generate parts out of thin air, God bless him!

Put the Seat on a boat, we need more here!

Phil

Golf Loon
06-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah bring it mate.
I can supply SEAT parts brand new and used and there are lots of places to get VW parts which cross over.
Good to see someone checking on here before emigrating, rather than arriving here and expecting to buy a good VW. most end up dissilussioned and end up forced into a rubbish locally built car.
Bring it Mate.

NiGhtCRaWlEr
08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
not ANOTHER ONE going over the waters..... you shacking up with sssssstew?
:???:

;)

Golf Loon
08-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Faaark, I`d love to see a Vario over here Mork. Bring it fo shure.

ibeezer
09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Dont leave it behind!

And m0rk if youve got room in the container to squeeze in a MK3 Cupra in black, id be there with the money when ship docks.

Rednut
15-04-2008, 04:45 PM
stationwagon seat... *speechless*

Jarred
15-04-2008, 04:49 PM
If you can afford it, bring it. there ain't many over this way, (seats an ABF's) and i'd geuss yours would be the only wagon.

m0rk
16-04-2008, 02:43 AM
stationwagon seat... *speechless*

It's like an ibiza, just with a usable boot

http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4626&g2_serialNumber=6

http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=4611

Engine Swapping:
http://www.m0rksport.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=146

Golf Loon
16-04-2008, 07:50 AM
You have to bring that thing Mork. People would spin when they saw it.
:D

DVR68U
16-04-2008, 11:25 AM
yeah mate you should bring it over, it wont be worth mcuh over here if you wanted to sell it in the future thats the only problem. but if you wanna keep it, its worth it. the hardest parts to get are good panels over here, like matt said there are plenty of mech parts around. you wouldnt want to get hit in the rear over here with that car tho lol
cool car you should bring it, then once you get sick of the abf drop a vr6 into it ;)
cheers brenton