PDA

View Full Version : Lpg?

Rednut
02-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey all,

with the continuous increase in fuel prices, was wondering if if possible to get gas installed on vw's and seats? i hear you get gov incentives to do it???

also, is lpg natural or man-made?

gareth_oau
02-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey all,

with the continuous increase in fuel prices, was wondering if if possible to get gas installed on vw's and seats? i hear you get gov incentives to do it???

also, is lpg natural or man-made?

Hi Rednut,

your lesson for the day...j:

LPG is Liquified Petroleum Gas. It occurs as a liquid, while under pressure, and is found in the ground with major gas reservoirs, and is called an associated hydrocarbon. It becomes a gas when at atmospheric pressure.

My employer develops offshore oil and gas reserves and extracts the stuff from the ground and proceeses it. my job is to market in bulk to overseas markets.

Sorry - cant answer yr VW/Seat related questions:D

Mischa
02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Rednut,

your lesson for the day...j:

LPG is Liquified Petroleum Gas. It occurs as a liquid, while under pressure, and is found in the ground with major gas reservoirs, and is called an associated hydrocarbon. It becomes a gas when at atmospheric pressure.

My employer develops offshore oil and gas reserves and extracts the stuff from the ground and proceeses it. my job is to market in bulk to overseas markets.

Sorry - cant answer yr VW/Seat related questions:D

this is OT but check out the bolt in roll cage for S3's on ebay ;)

peedman
02-04-2008, 05:15 PM
The economy that u get already is there a need to goto gas? There wouldnt be many gas installers that do vw and im sure if u ask vw they will not recommend it (naturally) but it can be done if u find the right workshop.

Golf Loon
02-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Plus gas is a fossil fuel and the govt currently do not tax it. They will shortly tho.

DutchAussie
07-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Plus gas is a fossil fuel and the govt currently do not tax it. They will shortly tho.

????. I think you mean excise. There is GST on LPG.

roccodingo
07-04-2008, 11:27 PM
LPG has excise on it already,its increasing each year untill 2010 ( think ) when it will have the excise fully applied .

DutchAussie
08-04-2008, 09:56 AM
LPG has excise on it already,its increasing each year untill 2010 ( think ) when it will have the excise fully applied .

Grant,

I didn't know that. As far as I know they put the GST on top of the price of the fuel plus the excise. Is that correct?

karmen
27-04-2008, 10:55 PM
beetle conversion and konbi up the road in Autiosstudio are claiming run better on gas than fuel.

GST is put ontop of final price of almost all items....this is what is unfair with the hike of fuel and all costs affected by it THAT NOW THE GOVERNEMENT GETS 10% ON $1.59 PER LITRE INSTEAD OF 10% ON A $1.00 IN OCTOBER.
THEY ARE DOING NO MORE WORK AND USING NO MORE PAPER AND GETTING A RAISE FOR ALL THEY ALLOW.
KEV O7 FOR THE MOTORIST SHOULD CHANGE HIS NAME TO 'REVVIN CUT'
AND CUT THE GST FROM ALL FUELS AS AUSTRALIA WILL GRIND TO A HALT DUE TO THE EXCESSIVE COSTS AND DISTANCES AND LACK OF USE OF TRAINS FOR HuGE LOADS.

AM GETTING A QUOTE FOR GAS IN MY X-TRAIL AS I TYPE. the Seat is too olde...u must have a good engine to convert to gas.
Fill tank od ULP is $60
LPG is $35- in qld big difference

WE MUST LEARN TO DRIVE AT LOWER SPEEDS ALSO TO CONSERVE FUELS. iTS MORE ECONOMICAL ALLROUND ON WEAR AND TEAR AND FINES AND STRESS.
night all.

1303Steve
28-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Hi

Any car can be converted.

There is a two basic types of LPG conversions, one is like a shoving a gas burner in your intake hose, just like most of the taxis use, they run OK but you loose power over a petrol motor and you end up with a restriction in your air flow when running on petrol.

The other type, the LPG is actually electronically injected via special injectors that are similar to normal petrol injectors, this system cost much more but gives far superior power in both petrol and LPG modes as it doesn't have a restricton in the air flow.

Steve