PDA

View Full Version : squeaking brakes

golf398
31-03-2008, 10:11 AM
hi
my brakes squeak only when gently braking, just changed pads and machined disks. still problem persists.
has anybody had similar experience
cheerrs:confused:

gareth_oau
31-03-2008, 12:02 PM
hi
my brakes squeak only when gently braking, just changed pads and machined disks. still problem persists.
has anybody had similar experience
cheerrs:confused:

just spray the pads witrh some oil - that should get rid of the squeeksj:

Ive got Brembo 6 potters on my car and they always squeek - the price of performance pads!!

VWEAPN
31-03-2008, 12:04 PM
yes im in the same boat. at one point they were really loud, but as i drove more they got quieter. Its one of the most annoying things to have. i dont think anyone really gave me the answer to the problem.

Mr İharisma
31-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Most manufactures of pads say that in the bedding period over 1000km expect some minor squeaks. After that you should be fine. Same thing happened in the Magna when I got slotted + performance pads, after 2000km not a sound for 15k ( then I sold it for the bora :D:D )

jayjay
01-04-2008, 03:24 PM
that really seems the best option hey?

"squeaky brakes?? oh, just buy a bora v6.." =]

Mrk_Mickey
01-04-2008, 05:05 PM
haha sounds good cept I'd rather my car for some reason:)

This explains why my brakes squeak..they've got new something's in them, discs i think.

to anyone:
if my calipers look rusty or whatever, is this a bad thing? Can they be cleaned up etc and maybe painted?

jayjay
01-04-2008, 05:45 PM
defs not painting.. that would be a bad idea..

gareth_oau
02-04-2008, 01:44 AM
haha sounds good cept I'd rather my car for some reason:)

This explains why my brakes squeak..they've got new something's in them, discs i think.

to anyone:
if my calipers look rusty or whatever, is this a bad thing? Can they be cleaned up etc and maybe painted?

My Brembos are bright red, they look superb - you can see them miles away!!.

If yr going to paint them, make sure you use an appropriate heat resistant paint

Preen59
02-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Do you live in a dusty area? or drive on dirt roads? That will make them squeak too. Also, brakes don't like being babied. If you're a brake rider, as in you lightly apply them quite a lot for reasonable distances, that will glaze the pads very fast and you'll have squeaky brakes.

So if you do that, stop being soft and use them properly and that'll help too. :)