PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum and new to VW

Noddy
30-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi folks found this forum through google search and have enjoyed reading many of the items.
Need a bit of help please. Have just purchased T5 128 Auto LWB from Denlos at Parra. First time Van owner and first time VW owner.
Having a few teething problems with vehicle but hopeful things being soughted out....bit of an unknown noise when moving through the gears..nowhere as smooth as the demo I drove..which was the reason I bought the VW... I was very impressed with smoothness of the auto gear change in the demo.
Also got a few squeaks and vibrations in dash and a couple of other issues that i will raise in another post.
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with jerking change from 1st to 2nd then some clunking type sound when moving forward and sometimes when going around corners...wondering also if the issue may be connected with turbo.
Im not very mechanical so have to rely on others...obviously service is trying to resolve issue for me.
Seems my first experience with VW is not a happy start but hoping for redemption.
I might add her that the entire roof lining is being replaced as it was delivered with bows in it and very clearly mis-fitted.. which was missed in pre-delivery......yup !
Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated....
also I saw in another thread...but can't find it again....that a forum member had had aftermarket loop bar put on his van.....once all my other issues are resolved would like to put some front and rear bar work on....any thoughts please.
thanks folks ...hope for some responses.kindest regards
Noddy
ps. anyone know how long it takes a vehicle to arrive in Australia after it leaves Germany...thanks

Bazzamon
30-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi Noddy & welcome.....BUT, I dont understand your thread... What do you want us to do for you?

Noddy
30-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi mate....sorry if questions are a bit dis-jointed....basically wondering if anyone has experienced the noise problem I mentioned which I think is as a result of auto transmission issues..or maybe turbo......also any thoughts re suitable bull bar or nudge bar and tow bar....also any idea on how long it takes a new vehicle despatched from Germany to arrive in OZ.
thanks
Noddy

Mischa
30-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi mate....sorry if questions are a bit dis-jointed....basically wondering if anyone has experienced the noise problem I mentioned which I think is as a result of auto transmission issues..or maybe turbo......also any thoughts re suitable bull bar or nudge bar and tow bar....also any idea on how long it takes a new vehicle despatched from Germany to arrive in OZ.
thanks
Noddy

what vehicle have you ordered? you can track it on the shipping company's website using the vin # of the vehicle http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=Auto

theres not too many van owners on here but a few very knowledgeable mechanics who i'm sure will be along to sort out your problem. welcome to the forum pal.

Tornado T5
31-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi Noddy,
I've also got a T5 auto Lwb, coming up to 23K km since July 07. It took me 16 weeks from ordering to getting the keys in my hand... there was a delay due to shipping availability at the time as I was originally told it would be 12 weeks.

As to transmission noises, the only issue I had was an occassional very rough 1-2 change that made a big thud and felt as though the wheels broke traction (which they hadn't) with a form of old fashioned RWD axle tramping. After mentioning it at the 15K service, nothing was picked up and to be frank I can't remember experiencing it in the last 5 months anymore.

The transmission itself changes very, very smoothly, only thing better (just) is the ZF auto in our Territory. I love both boxes abilities such as down changing as you slow/corner or holding a gear downhill.

Fortunately I've got no dash squeaks or rattles even after much dirt/gravel road driving, in one case the mobile phone jumped out of it's fixed cradle!

The only warranty issue to date was the plastic trim that covered the rear wing door hinge releases which allow the doors to swing out to 180deg. and broke off on day 2. The dealer told me that the trim was nolonger manufactured and I haven't got round to looking at what is there now on current models.

I can honestly say I love driving it every time and hope you have your probs resolved quickly.

ps. what options, if any did you choose?

Noddy
01-04-2008, 10:26 AM
G'day Tornado,thanks for your reply, I tried sending you a private message but unsure if it went through.
Any chance I could phone you as I'm sure you have stacks more knowledge than I and I would really appreciate some info. Your description of your earlier problem fits my issue.
kindest regards
col ( Noddy ) 0403245330

Tornado T5
01-04-2008, 09:47 PM
G'day Tornado,thanks for your reply, I tried sending you a private message but unsure if it went through.
Any chance I could phone you as I'm sure you have stacks more knowledge than I and I would really appreciate some info. Your description of your earlier problem fits my issue.
kindest regards
col ( Noddy ) 0403245330
Sorry didn't get any PM. Also don't count on me knowing "stacks" more, as the dealer, as usual never experienced the problem I had, and even today I tried to replicate the situation where it used to happen and all was fine. From memory it didn't occur under full throttle but somewhere above moderate. In other words I wasn't doing a traffic light GP take-off under full throttle however I also wasn't taking off gently. The dealer did mention they would check for any software update at the time, none found.

I'll pm you and see if it works with some contact details.

Cheers.

Rebuild
03-04-2008, 08:12 PM
nods, i take it this is a new vehicle?

UK vannies gather here,
tech probs
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=29

Some seem to report clonks in the steering, which i think is caused by the steering wheel shaft rubbing on framework or the dash mounts or something.Mainly with older T5's.Mine is ok, touchwood(taps head).Do a search for clonks, there's a few posts on there.

I have recently changed the auto oil and filter on mine after 75000 km and can report slightly better shifting particularly in lower gears where it used to clunk a little.

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23701&KW=auto+change+oil

Maybe the fluids too low,or high,although i would suppose there would be fault codes thrown up when dealer checks.Couldn't hurt to ask.

Oh, and welcome

Noddy
08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks Steve. I am presently in negotiation with Volkswagen regarding my issues, Vehicle has been with them a week now with no resolution re the problem. Seems nobody can determine what the cause of the noise is.
I will keep everyone informed of my progress, many thanks col