PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket wheels for MKV Golf

TDIESEL
30-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Ok guys and gals, what aftermarket options are there out there for a MKV Golf? My local tyre dealers are practically useless as all they did was have a look at the usual ROH, SPEEDY brochures etc and because VW wasn't listed they reckon nothing is available. I'm looking at upgrading from my 16" Jetta wheels to something in the 18" range. Any help is much appreciated.

Mischa
30-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Ok guys and gals, what aftermarket options are there out there for a MKV Golf? My local tyre dealers are practically useless as all they did was have a look at the usual ROH, SPEEDY brochures etc and because VW wasn't listed they reckon nothing is available. I'm looking at upgrading from my 16" Jetta wheels to something in the 18" range. Any help is much appreciated.

well tempe tyres sells a whole lot of replica wheels. theres also bbs wheels out there made to suit the mkv but they'll be quite expensive. offset will be your biggest problem. you're gonna need an offset of around 50. a lot of the wheels you find with the correct stud pattern will have an offset of around 30 or 35 (which is for mercs, passats and A4's) and they will stick out too much. what style of wheel are you wanting? also check out tirerack.com although it doesnt say specifically that they ship worldwide, they do infact ship to australia for around 400$ so ive heard.

TDIESEL
30-03-2008, 04:42 PM
well tempe tyres sells a whole lot of replica wheels. theres also bbs wheels out there made to suit the mkv but they'll be quite expensive. offset will be your biggest problem. you're gonna need an offset of around 50. a lot of the wheels you find with the correct stud pattern will have an offset of around 30 or 35 (which is for mercs, passats and A4's) and they will stick out too much. what style of wheel are you wanting? also check out tirerack.com although it doesnt say specifically that they ship worldwide, they do infact ship to australia for around 400$ so ive heard.

Thanks Mischa. That's a handy site and BBS wheels are shed loads cheaper there than anywhere I've seen here [$375 US compared to $875 AUS for the BBS CK). Would love a set of them but trying to set myself a limit of around $2k including tyres.

I actually dropped into Tempe Tyres this weekend and they didn't have much in stock to show me and weren't real interested in taking the time to show me what was actually available for my car. I kinda like the Lenso Tenso Type M and DC5 on their site but not sure how they will look on my white golf. The Fox R5's grabbed my eye too.

Mischa
30-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks Mischa. That's a handy site and BBS wheels are shed loads cheaper there than anywhere I've seen here [$375 US compared to $875 AUS for the BBS CK). Would love a set of them but trying to set myself a limit of around $2k including tyres.

I actually dropped into Tempe Tyres this weekend and they didn't have much in stock to show me and weren't real interested in taking the time to show me what was actually available for my car. I kinda like the Lenso Tenso Type M and DC5 on their site but not sure how they will look on my white golf. The Fox R5's grabbed my eye too.

ohhh its white! lucky! black wheels look so hot on a white car. check out the black oz ultraleggeras on tirerack. tyres are also ridiculously cheaper from there. anyways GL :D

TDIESEL
31-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Damn you Mischa......I'm really considering buying a set of wheels from that site now. Will have to save a bit longer but I'm seriously considering BBS CH or CK's.

Mischa
31-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Damn you Mischa......I'm really considering buying a set of wheels from that site now. Will have to save a bit longer but I'm seriously considering BBS CH or CK's.

haha my bad :rolleyes:

stark27
12-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Sorry to revive this thread but the OP mentioned the wheels I'm also keen on, Fox R5 Black in 18". I've also checked with Tempe tyres, they have them for $1300 wfor 4 with tyres (Kuhmo 235/40?).

Anyway, was interested to know what the OP eventually did and if anyone knows of a tyre place in West Sydney (Wetherill Park area) that is similar to Tempe.

comfortline
24-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Try stGeorge tyres. Similar rnage to tempe, slightly better price.

I'm going the tirerack option though.

TDIESEL
27-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I ended up getting 18" A8 reps from Tempe. Had them for over a year now but now considering a change. Thinking about the Axis Decades.