PDA

View Full Version : 10000klms up.. still grinning

CanberravRS
24-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Well guys and girls... i ticked over 10000klms in the last week, i think it was midway up the clyde mountain comming back from the coast. But anyway apart from one minor mishap where some prick reversed into the front of the car and scratched the front bumper the beast is still a hoot to drive every day.
Have to be blunt and say it.. its the best car ive ever owned.. better than my 2003 cooper S.. better than my e36 325 and way better than the WRX i had in the 90's.
to my knowledge.. and according to the dealer its still the only raceblue vRS wagon in the ACT... LOVE IT!!!!!

gregozedobe
24-03-2008, 09:22 PM
to my knowledge.. and according to the dealer its still the only raceblue vRS wagon in the ACT... LOVE IT!!!!!

Great to hear from a satisfied customer :)

And I take it you are glad I ordered a yellow vRS wagon then (after tossing up between blue and yellow) ? I don't expect I'll be the only yellow Octavia wagon in the ACT, as I think the local dealer has 2 for sale at the moment.

Waiting, waiting, waiting ........... (but I do have my wagon's VIN now, so that's a good sign). If you hate waiting, don't do a factory order like me.

Frufru
25-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Well guys and girls... i ticked over 10000klms in the last week, i think it was midway up the clyde mountain comming back from the coast. But anyway apart from one minor mishap where some prick reversed into the front of the car and scratched the front bumper the beast is still a hoot to drive every day.

Sounds good !!! Jeez, you gotta do a lot of driving if you clocked up 10000 kms already. Not a politician, are you :D ? Did you consider diesel engine when buying? Also what is your fuel consumption so far? Are you considering tuning? Did you check tires - any sign of wearing off faster at some places ?

CanberravRS
25-03-2008, 07:53 PM
As far as consumption, its a little higher than i expected, but thats because im not a slow driver. Love the engine and lack of lag.
avg 8.5
But that said.. with the type of drives i do to the coast and back with a kayak on the roof thats understandable.. as its not a small kayak. And i love blasting up and down the clyde mountain.

As for tyres, the fronts are wearing way faster than the rears and they will be rotated at 15k. Im thinking they will last between 30-40k ish
I honestly thought id get 25k out of the Michelin as they are so soft and offer tremendous grip. Such a predictable tyre. no noise till they are about to let go.. then when they do its not a massive YOINK and your off the road its quite progressive.

LOL.. no im not a polly. Just live on one side of town to the other side where i work and love fishing and kayaking down the coast. So its easy to rack up 10k in 3 months.

hmmm tuning... well yes there is that but honestly, i drove a mates jetta with a 194kw kit... and yeah its quick, im amazed at how much better the octavia handles.. for nie on the same chassis.. same tyres wheel size etc.. it was disapointing.
But im still considering it..

After the first service and a reflash of the ECU by lennock to get rid of a rough idle the cars flying.. so im happy.

mrx
25-03-2008, 08:48 PM
As far as consumption, its a little higher than i expected, but thats because im not a slow driver. Love the engine and lack of lag.
avg 8.5

Really? What were you expecting to get? I think that's bloody good, my long term average in the GTI (same engine) is 9.7

For the record, if anything I seem to get better fuel economy when running in "chipped" mode.

CanberravRS
27-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I guess im lucky in the fact that most of all the driving i do is 80-110 so i guess im always getting good economy..

Trust me i have seen an average of over 20 as well when i have really had a fang!!!

Actually im really impressed with the economy to power ratio of the car.